“What’s New?” Feature is Rather Wonky

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Since the ugliness of the other night when Josh had to monkey around with the servers, the “What’s New?” feature has been really wonky. I’ll reply to a thread, and then it won’t appear in the list of threads after. This is different from how it’s always worked. Is it because that once I’ve replied the thread is no longer new? Is this something I’m going to have to learn to live with?

George

I think the answer is both. If I click “mark all forums read” and then look at what’s been updated in the last 24 hours, the recent thread(s) I replied to appear. And I’m going to have to learn to live with it.

sllagnire

Yeah, it is definitely different than what it has been in the past - I always look at the forum using the "What's new?" button, and for the past two days, once I read a thread it disappears from that view. I assume the same thing is happening to you - since you have replied, you have read it, so it is no longer new. I think I like this way better...

George

Yeah, it is definitely different than what it has been in the past - I always look at the forum using the "What's new?" button, and for the past two days, once I read a thread it disappears from that view. I assume the same thing is happening to you - since you have replied, you have read it, so it is no longer new. I think I like this way better...
I understand how it works now; it's just difficult to find the threads I've responded to when they disappear from the What's New? list.

HeyHeather

Maybe try clicking the "My Profile" button on the upper right of this page, which by default brings you to the "My Activity" area on the profile page. It lists all your latest convo's in order.

George

Maybe try clicking the "My Profile" button on the upper right of this page, which by default brings you to the "My Activity" area on the profile page. It lists all your latest convo's in order.
Thanks, but that only limits the results to threads which I've participated in. I do like to see all the threads, whether or not I've contributed.

beachta1

I'm going to say something I probably don't say very often... I agree with George :p

It is a little wonky.

mgarbowski

I like it. It now works more like other forums I frequent. Once I've read the new posts in a thread it isn't new. Now I can hit What's New, be faced with 22 new threads, read the 3-4 I'm most interested in, then come back a while later and the ones I did not read are still new (so I can catch up at my leisure) while the ones I read will only show up again if they were further updated.

George

I'm going to say something I probably don't say very often... I agree with George :p

It is a little wonky.
Parking garage signs notwithstanding, I think we agree about a lot of things. :RpS_flapper:

Live in the now, George.
“Except for socially, you’re my role model.”

I like it. It now works more like other forums I frequent. Once I've read the new posts in a thread it isn't new. Now I can hit What's New, be faced with 22 new threads, read the 3-4 I'm most interested in, then come back a while later and the ones I did not read are still new (so I can catch up at my leisure) while the ones I read will only show up again if they were further updated.
Makes sense. I’m getting used to it. I guess I’ve always treated it as a “Most Recent Posts,” even though it’s clearly called “What’s New?”

cboyer

Anyone else having lag issues when replying to threads? Never happened before but now, only on this website and only sometimes I am having lagging issues when trying to type responses.

Snaz

I'm glad I found this thread. I was really thinking it was just my memory since I took a hiatus on the forum between planned trips.
This disappearing thread trick is "trippy". :RpS_tongue: I keep going around trying to find out if anyone has responded since my response.
So will it come back to new posts if someone does reply in those threads?