1+ Days at Epcot?

made2worship

Hi, everyone!

I initially put my itinerary together using YourFirstVisit.net, heavily supplemented by Josh's CheatSheets. Due to ADR's, (and high demand FP+'s) the park days are pretty much set, for better or for worse... We are spending Wed, 10/15 at Epcot, plus a few hours on our arrival day, Monday, 10/13. Our flight arrives at 2:20pm.

I've cobbled together a plan that I hope makes sense, and got FastPass+ as available, but have really struggled with this one. I would really appreciate input. Should we try to get to Epcot for a few hours on Monday, or just skip it and try to do Josh's 1-day Epcot itinerary?

[h=2]Monday, 10/13[/h]1. Ride Spaceship Earth with FastPass+: 3:45-4:45
2. Ride Soarin’ with FastPass+: 4:50pm – 5:50pm
3. Ride Journey into Imagination with Figment
4. See Turtle Talk with Crush with FastPass+: 5:50pm – 6:50 pm
5. Dinner at Chef Mickey's at 7:45

[h=2]Wednesday, 10/15[/h]Use FastPass+ at the following attractions:
 Test Track: 9:15am – 10:15am
 Mission: SPACE 10:20am – 11:20am
 Spaceship Earth: 11:25am-12:25pm

[h=2]The Plan: (arrive at gate by 8:15am)[/h]1 .Ride Test Track with FastPass+: 9am – 9:25am
2. Ride Sum of All Thrills: 9:25am – 9:45am
?
3. Ride Mission: SPACE Green or Orange with FastPass+: 10:05 – 10:25am
4. Ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends: 10:25am – 10:35am
6. Ride Living with the Land : 11:00am – 11:20am
7. Ride Spaceship Earth with FastPass+: 11:25-11:50
7. Have lunch at Sunshine Seasons: 12pm-12:50pm
8. World Showcase beginning with Canada. (Agent P’s Adventure: First, visit a recruitment center at Odyssey Bridge, Norway Pavilion, Italy Pavilion or near the International Gateway)
American Adventure
9. Ride Maelstrom with FastPass+: 5:30pm – 6:30 pm Closed!
10. Dinner at Akershus 6:45 pm
11. Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico after 7:30pm if possible.
12. Illuminations: 9 pm
13. Ride Soarin’ again?
14. Single Rider Test Track?
15. Epcot closes at 11 pm.

Thoughts? TIA!

sheilashoelady

I don't have a ton of input because we didn't do a lot of Epcot on our recent trip, but I noticed you have FP for TT beginning at 9.15am, but on your plan wrote 9am. That will compress your morning a little more because I don't think you can be out by 9.25am if you enter at 9.15. Also, if you have a FP for your first ride, I wouldn't see a need to be there at 8.15 for RD. I would think you can be at the gate by 9am, and make it to TT by 9.15.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice username?

What about dinner at Garden Grill in the Land? It will eliminate transfer time, shorten your day, and give you more time to experience Epcot.

I would not use FP+ first thing for Test Track and you won't need one for Mission SPACE that early. I'd plan to re-ride those rides with FP+ later in the day. Like you could do Test Track, Sum of All Thrills, and Mission Space and then ride Test Track with FP+ after.

cdmurphy727

Will you have your own transportation on arrival or using MDE? Unless you're going straight from the plane to EP I'm not sure you'll arrive that early. I'd plan on getting to EP at 5/5:30. If you keep the chef mickeys ADR it doesn't seem like its worth the trip to go to EP just to turn around and leave for dinner. I like Josh's suggestion of eating in EP.

made2worship

Good tips. I was counting on the ability to enter as much as 15 minutes early for a FP+. But I also know that you don't typically need a FP+ for the first attraction, so maybe release the FP and get one later in the day for TT again?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You can use a FP+ up to five minutes before and up to fifteen minutes after the window, but I don't recommend actively trying to do that as that's when you run into problems and actually arrive too late. My advice would be to move the Test Track FP+ later or if you want to keep 9am-10am, use it toward 10am when it will have some benefit.

made2worship

We will be on MDE, but are hoping to be able to arrive on an earlier flight, so I want to have plans in place just in case.

Garden Grill is a great idea, but we are meeting up with family members on their last day, who won't be at Epcot on 10/13, so changing ADR's isn't an option.

From what you are all suggesting, it sounds like it may just be best to treat 10/15 as our only day at Epcot, and follow Josh's ideal 1-day itinerary for that day, and treat anything that we DO get to do on 10/13 at Epcot like a bonus...

Thanks!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
If you're relying on Disney transportation, it takes an awful long time to transfer from Epcot to Contemporary. Assume 10 minutes for the monorail to arrive and load, 12 minutes to the TTC, transfer to the resort monorail and have it arrive and board is another 10 minutes, then 20 minutes to the Contemporary with stops at Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Magic Kingdom before arriving at the Contemporary.

made2worship

Thanks, Josh!

I believe the odds are stacking against us for Epcot on 10/13. I'll adjust 10/15 to the 1-day Epcot itinerary, and we'll expect to spend 10/13 exploring POR, maybe DTD, or other resorts before/after the Contemporary.

BTW - your cheat sheets have proven invaluable in planning our vacation. Thank you so much!