11-16. Here now at pop

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Like always, don't always believe what you hear on the phone. These are the same people that recommend taking the monorail to Animal Kingdom and will tell you you can order a la carte dessert at Mama Melrose and get Fantasmic Dining Package tickets.

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
That's what I've been doing, too. It's not even about the legacy FP, though. This particular client has two young, young kids. She'd heard about MB not working reliably for room entry, and just didn't want to have to deal with the (very real) possibility of coming home at the end of a long day and having to drag her kids down to the front desk because her MB wouldn't let her get into her room.
I totally get that- happened to me as I said above and I was not happy. That's why I can't understand the absoluteness of not giving the back up cards.
And I also know that legacy FP will eventually be gone- they have pretty much made that clear from the start. I still wonder what the process will be for offsite guests. I know Universal has a same day book it/purchase as you need it sort of thing- can't think of what it is called-not the Express Pass- I wonder how much that service is actually used there. Seems like a paid for FPP for offsite would be a lot easier to deal with than only being able to book FPP once you are there in parks, KWIM?

Could this be a "perk" to staying offsite in future for those of us who know how to use legacy FP to our advantage? I know at the moment some of the headliners seem to be running out of FPs early in the day but if they get it regulated and it's only available to offsite guests.... Seems like a better system than the "only 3 per day per park tiered" FP+.

Im a huge fan of staying onsite in the Disney bubble. I love Disney buses and hate driving and parking my own car. But if going forward offsite guests get legacy FP I could see me changing my mind.
Maybe perk-ish until it is gone for good! but I gotta be honest when they changed the FP RT rules I just started using less and less FP in client plans and for my own touring- it is too unpredictable and too much of a pain to try to predict availability, return times, etc. Might be just fine for non-planners but not for me. I have mentioned this before but I rarely used more than 2 FPs in plans after that rule change and clients still got all they wanted done. Maybe not a lot of repeats but whatever! And now with FPP and regular FP running out sooner or decreased distribution it is going to change the crowd patterns we are all used to.
People can book FPP for 9-10-what the heck? that is my biggest complaint- how can we tell now which rides are line builders, which are RD must dos, which are anytimes - that's going to take some figuring out!
I also think they are going to have to stop allowing any old KTTW cards to work. I can't imagine how they can get real life data to go forward with when they've got so many people double dipping.

Update. . . Magicbands worked perfectly all day today--park entry, meal plan, purchases, fast passes, and we were still able to open our door at the end of the day! We did Magic Kingdom, and it was great, some crowded walkways but low wait times most of the day. All was good until my three year old was climbing on a fence while DH was resting on a curb, and she fell and knocked her forehead on the sidewalk. EMS had to come check her out, but it appears she is fine. She has a goose egg the size of a golf ball, and a new Minnie Mouse doll to show for her day!The one issue we are still concerned about with no KTTW cards is at Epcot. We heard that you MUST have a card to do Agent P. The kids really want to. If we are shut out of that, we will probably do some complaining!
Had not heard that about Agent P- so they are not MB enabled yet? That stinks. Keep us posted on that.

And so sorry about your little one getting knocked on the noggin. :( Hope she feels better soon.

Mezell

Oh, one other note. We brought some KTTW cards from 2010 that were lodging and tickets attached. They did not work in FP machine. Didn't think they would, but had to try.

nolarookie

Hmmm, I'm kinda hopeful we can use the old school FP system on our next trip in March. We're staying in a condo at WH. I'm planning on buying APs shortly after new year, and registering on MDE. I'll let you guys know if I can book FP +. I like the idea of FP + since you can pre book some headliners. I've heard WDW wants to keep the traditional FP from various sources, but I can't think of a reason why they would.

Marianna

Like always, don't always believe what you hear on the phone. These are the same people that recommend taking the monorail to Animal Kingdom and will tell you you can order a la carte dessert at Mama Melrose and get Fantasmic Dining Package tickets.
:) Good reminder. I really rarely take anything I'm told by Disney at face value. I've heard some crazy stuff too. Just thought this was curious. Especially the legacy not going away. There was no "soon" by the way, Christine. She said it pretty bluntly. I dragged it over here to see what you all thought. Glad I did as I will now probably just keep the POP plan. The value scene offsite is pretty bleak and if I can still use my AP card, then I'll deal with the rest.

Glad to hear your band is working well. :) Your daughter's goose egg: ouch!

Last edited:

Marianna

:) Good reminder. I really rarely take anything I'm told by Disney at face value. I've heard some crazy stuff too. Just thought this was curious. Especially the legacy not going away. There was no "soon", by the way, Christine. She said is pretty bluntly. I dragged it over here to see what you all thought. Glad I did as I will now probably just keep the POP plan. The value scene offsite is pretty bleak and if I can still use my AP card, then I'll deal with the rest.

Glad to hear your band is working well. :) Your daughter's goose egg: ouch!

mmshell103

I know I'm a little late and you may have already been to Epcot but in October we had to have the KTTW for Agent P, no MBs. I'd bring that up at the desk and see if they can do anything.

Mezell

Quick update. We are home! Internet service at pop was horrible!!!
We were able to do agent P at Epcot. The guy at the kiosk had some kind of back door way around having a KTTW card.
We did experience at least one more time when the magic band stopped working on our door. Luckily the bands all stopped working at different times, so we were still able to get into our room with a different band.
There was also one time we had trouble at downtown disney with the band, and a manager had to come and type in the number from the back of our bands.
Great trip, though!! Glad for all the great advice on this site!

Michael

3 fastpasses per day is not going to do it for me. I will be thinking twice about coming here if I have to wait in hour long lines all day. Just sayin.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Why would you have to wait in hour-long lines?

Rope drop, get those rides that attract long lines done in the first hour or two, then spend the afternoon on anytime rides and using those 3 FP+ options.

Or, don't rope drop, sleep in, arrive in the afternoon and still have those 3 FP+ activities banked when normal FP would be gone for many rides.

Michael

I have gotten a little bit spoiled and it is going to be hard to go back. We are here now and have had FPP, regular FP, and extra regular FP with an old set of KTTW cards. So we have been able to ride all day long everyday without any waiting. It will be hard to go back to not having that. Like I said, spoiled and I know it, but it will still be hard.

D

dawn

I felt the same way Michael, of course I only had regular FP, no extra's .. but I'm thinking on the bright side and doing RD then touring efficiently until it gets crowded, I plan on pulling my FPP's for the afternoon....chin up..it's DISNEY how bad could it be????

Michael

Yeah I just can't see it without regular FP. Even if we do rope drop, the wife and I are getting a little older and are not able to run from ride to ride. We move at a slower pace. So we are not able to work in as many rides at rope drop. But even if we did work in 2-3 good rides before the crowd hits, then we are going to deal with the tierd FPP, so for a park like Epcot, only one of our FPP may be worth anything.

It is going to be a completely different park experience for us without legacy FP. Maybe we can adjust, but I am struggling with seeing it that way. I would rather have legacy FP alone than the new FPP.

D

dawn

Yeah I just can't see it without regular FP. Even if we do rope drop, the wife and I are getting a little older and are not able to run from ride to ride. We move at a slower pace. So we are not able to work in as many rides at rope drop.
:RpS_sad: You are making me sad...Im sorry...change stinks sometimes, especially when things were so good before FP+ and especially before TIERED FP+ :RpS_cursing: HOPEFULLY they'll do away with THAT part of it!... i wonder... what if... you have never been to Disney before and you were to go with the system they have now, would you have fun...probably..so maybe try to think of it like that, rather then what you'll miss, maybe what you'll be able to do...maybe two days in a park that you would normally only do one? I dunno, I just 'feel" for you and I am a chronic 'make it better for everybody' person...:RpS_crying:
You will enjoy your park touring, you have the best plans and then the FP+ stuff will be later in the day..I totally get the not wanting to run from ride to ride..
but I completely understand where you are coming from...I haven't used the system yet..but I'm hopeful Ü

ellie

waiting for a street car
I would rather have legacy FP alone than the new FPP.
Can't you just do that by booking room only and then buying tickets separately when you get to the park? Don't put them on your Magic Bands and it will be the same as if you were an off-site guest? At least as long as there is legacy FP.