A multigenerational girls PTR!

beachta1

I am SO happy to be back here writing a PTR! The world is slowly going back to "normal," whatever normal is. In covid-times, DD4 was home with us for a year, I lost my job, found a part time job and then found a new full time job, we moved (as well as bought and sold a house in this insane market), and DD4 started a new school. Its been a crazy time.

We've been ITCHING to get back to Disney and after our first family DCL cruise trip was canceled last spring, and then we canceled our family GF stay last November, its time. I've been wanting to take a trip with just my daughter, but decided to also bring my Mom (will be known now as DG for Disney Glamma) as a helper / thank you since she was really helpful in getting our house ready to sell. My mom hasn't been to Disney since I was little so this will be like a brand new experience for her. She is so excited.

We're leaving 10/7. DG will be flying out of Albany and landing before us. I'm going to set her to take the bus over early so she doesn't have to sit at the airport waiting for us. DD and I will land at 1pm and take DME over the BoardWalk Inn! Our park pass is for MK, seems like a good way to start the trip! May make a reservation for dinner at Skipper Canteen, I've never been there before and want to check it out.

10/8, bright and early for HS! DD wants to ride SDD and she is tall enough so going to do that. May try for ROTR, if I get it great. If not, next time. I love this ride but the trip isn't about me :) Will take a pool break if the weather is hot and then walk over to EP for Food and Wine.

10/9, AK. I think my Mom will really like the safari. I'm curious if DD will get into the Wilderness Explorer activities or not. I hope the single rider for EE is open so I can jump on that quick. Break and then MK or EP for the evening.

10/10, MK and leave :( may try to grab brunch reservations somewhere, or just do Boardwalk Bakery and enjoy the park before heading out. Flights leave at 6pm.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Disneyfan

That sounds great! I hope the trip exceeds your expectations.

Tricia, I have said it before and I will say it again. Time just flies by!! It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day cray cray of raising kids and you forget to enjoy them. Every age has it's wonders. There is nothing like a little one over the moon about something as fun as Slinky. I remember taking my son to see Thomas the Tank Engine in/near Charlotte, NC (I think). He had never showed much emotion prior to the Thomas visit (with the exception of colicy crying). On the way to the train museum, he just bursted with excitement and yelled out, "I can't wait to see Thomas!" He was shaking with excitement.

You have kind of sealed it for me. I think I am going to take a couple personal days in Sept or Oct of 2022 and take my Mom to Disney. Hoping I can swing CR. Dad passed away a year ago before he could return to his favorite resort. He was an architect and engineer and loved the place. Or maybe I should take Mom to a new experience. Her favorite is Food and Wine. So maybe back to YC or Swan/Dolphin.

Wishing you happy planning and wonderful memories!!❤️

beachta1

That sounds great! I hope the trip exceeds your expectations.

Tricia, I have said it before and I will say it again. Time just flies by!! It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day cray cray of raising kids and you forget to enjoy them. Every age has it's wonders. There is nothing like a little one over the moon about something as fun as Slinky. I remember taking my son to see Thomas the Tank Engine in/near Charlotte, NC (I think). He had never showed much emotion prior to the Thomas visit (with the exception of colicy crying). On the way to the train museum, he just bursted with excitement and yelled out, "I can't wait to see Thomas!" He was shaking with excitement.

You have kind of sealed it for me. I think I am going to take a couple personal days in Sept or Oct of 2022 and take my Mom to Disney. Hoping I can swing CR. Dad passed away a year ago before he could return to his favorite resort. He was an architect and engineer and loved the place. Or maybe I should take Mom to a new experience. Her favorite is Food and Wine. So maybe back to YC or Swan/Dolphin.

Wishing you happy planning and wonderful memories!!❤️

I love that! Honestly, I'd rather go spend time and travel then have things. Making memories, having stories to tell, things to laugh about down the road. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. It sounds like a vacation is needed more than ever.

BSS

This sounds wonderful! I always love your Disney adventures and look forward to hearing how things are when you go. We are heading back in Feb 2022 and I cannot wait. In the meantime, we leave in 10 days for a 3 generation trip to Montana to visit my middle kid - we are doing a two week road trip and doing Badlands, Yellowstone and Glacier along the way. There is something special for me about traveling with both my mom and my kids. I hope you enjoy your time and savor every moment!