Adding a One Day Ticket to Hotel Stay

Disneyfan

If Corona does not interfere with our July trip, I am considering adding a day.

We already bought the 4 Park Magic Ticket via UT, linked it to MDE, and have a 3 night stay booked at Pop.

If we added a night to Pop and bought a one day ticket, how would that affect the 60 day FP booking?

If Corona does not interfere with our July trip, I am considering adding a day.

We already bought the 4 Park Magic Ticket via UT, linked it to MDE, and have a 3 night stay booked at Pop.

If we added a night to Pop and bought a one day ticket, how would that affect the 60 day FP booking?
It wouldn't affect the first part of your stay at all. You would still be 60 days out and it doesn't affect whatever is currently in your MDE. Just add your one day ticket in MDE and when your 60 day comes up for that last day, you should be able to grab some Fastpasses. That's what I did in December.

Disneyfan

It wouldn't affect the first part of your stay at all. You would still be 60 days out and it doesn't affect whatever is currently in your MDE. Just add your one day ticket in MDE and when your 60 day comes up for that last day, you should be able to grab some Fastpasses. That's what I did in December.
I am thinking about adding a day at the end of the trip. Originally at the 60 day mark, I would have been able to make FPs for 60, 60+1, 60+2, and 60+3. With the extra ticket, am I able to book 60+4, or would I only be able to book 60 days out on the last added day? I hope this question makes sense. . .,

Anne

The ticket doesn't matter to the FP booking window. It's all about the resort reservation. If you have a 4 night resort reservation you can book FP on any day check in day through check out day as long as you have any valid ticket media for that day. If you only had a 1 day ticket you could use it to book FP on day 64 (check out day).

Is your added day a different resort reservation number making it a split stay, or was it just using 2 separate tickets that concerned you? Either way you should be fine. Split stays that are continuous also give you a continuous FP booking window (unlike for ADRs).

Disneyfan

The ticket doesn't matter to the FP booking window. It's all about the resort reservation. If you have a 4 night resort reservation you can book FP on any day check in day through check out day as long as you have any valid ticket media for that day. If you only had a 1 day ticket you could use it to book FP on day 64 (check out day).

Is your added day a different resort reservation number making it a split stay, or was it just using 2 separate tickets that concerned you? Either way you should be fine. Split stays that are continuous also give you a continuous FP booking window (unlike for ADRs).
Well, I haven't added the day yet. Trying to decide. It is a room only. So I could just cancel and rebook and have just one reservation number. There are actually more room choices now as people have cancelled. But, it was the two tickets that worried me. Oh boy, I remember the split stay issue when Disney closed the on site/off site loop hole. That was on my mind when thinking about the two tickets.

Thanks for the reassurance!!