Adding Park Hopper during trip

lovett1979

I'm going to WDW in May (yay!). I bought a package through Disney that includes a 2-day non-hopper ticket. My plan was 1 day at Epcot and 1 day at AK. Now that the park hours have been extended, I'm thinking of adding park hopper and going to MK after AK (and maybe HS after Epcot?). At what point in my trip is it too late to do that? What if I add it but reservations are "sold out" and I can't get into a second park? If I do add it, and can go to HS after Epcot, could I get back into Epcot (closing at 10pm, HS closing at 8pm) with my initial park pass, or would it be dependent on current availability?

Thanks!

hizouse

So far, I haven't heard of any parks being closed due to capacity for hopping. That is, everyone who has wanted to hop to a park has been able to. This was true for us when all pass reservations were gone for all parks all week.

I do not have any insight about when or how to add the parkhopper option.

Strangeite

At what point in my trip is it too late to do that?

Since you can't make a reservation for a hop until after you have already visited one park, I don't see any downside to waiting until the day of to upgrade the ticket. Unless there is something I am missing.

lovett1979

Since you can't make a reservation for a hop until after you have already visited one park, I don't see any downside to waiting until the day of to upgrade the ticket. Unless there is something I am missing.

I thought I remembered that you had to do it before you used your last day on the ticket. So if I tap into Epcot on day 1 (and stay all day) and then tap into AK on day 2, would it now be too late to add the PH for that day?

hizouse

You don't need to make a reservation for a hop; you just go to the new park at 2 pm or later.

I don't know about adding parkhopper on your last day. If it's important, I'd add it in advance.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
If I'm recalling correctly, your ticket simply needs to have an "entitlement" left on it to be upgraded. A second day would count so you would be able to add hoppers at your leisure. The first day probably also counts so long as it's before midnight. So it shouldn't be a problem.