Afternoon with teen

blake30879

My 13 year old daughter and I will be in Florida for a softball tournament next week. We have to pick up wife and other daughter around 730 at MCO and will have about 4 hours to kill in the Orlando area between games and her arrival. Best spots for lunch and snacks while we're waiting? The charcuterie board at Wine Bar George looks great and perhaps a stop at Raglan Road if they have afternoon shows. Any other ideas? PS, she's a foodie and a Disney veteran. She's been to Morimoto so splitting a duck Ramen bowl is also in play.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Polite Pig is my first suggestion. And Morimoto for lunch is a great choice. When we had lunch at Morimoto, our waitress helped us pick out a mini "tasting menu"--shareable apps, sushi and we split a main course. It was great.

blake30879

We're actually going to Universal for a few days after the tournament so she wants to spend the day at Disney Springs.

cboyer

I have a 13 year old DD who is also a foodie. Mortimotos is her favorite restaurant on property, she would choose that hands down.

I might be wrong, but it looks like Morimoto's is only open for dinner right now? Just a heads up to check the hours. For our August trip, we were planning to do some long late lunch/early dinners as a break before the evening rides, and we are actually finding it a bit challenging to find nice meals around 3-4pm (not at disney springs, more at resorts, etc.).
Probably the opposite experience you are looking for, but we have had a couple of shockingly good, affordable meals at Splitsville! Sushi was really good, and the sliders too if I remember. A nice way to not break the bank, have some good finger foods, and still have room/money for dessert (Ghiradelli sundaes is our tradition. Nothing too exotic about it, but that is what our teen looks forward to each trip.)
Good luck!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Ghiradelli sundaes is our tradition. Nothing too exotic about it, but that is what our teen looks forward to each trip.
Ghirardelli sundaes are nothing to sneeze at! Probably the best on property now that Ample Hills is gone.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Ghirardelli sundaes are nothing to sneeze at! Probably the best on property now that Ample Hills is gone.
I really only get their sundaes for the amazing dark chocolate hot fudge. The ice cream itself almost doesn't matter to me...

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The brownies are really good too. Sitting outside in Orlando in August at a tiny table we've staked out for 20 minutes with a rapidly-melting Ghirardelli Brownie Sundae with dark chocolate hot fudge isn't for everyone, but it *is* for me.