AK one day plan?

kate81

We have just one day planned at AK on Tuesday, September 1, but I am trying to fit a lot into it. Our original plan had been to beat at Rainforest Cafe and stay until park close, but we've decided to try to head out a bit earlier and eat at Boma. So I aam try to adjust our timing and cut. things down a little. Here is what I'm thinking. I'd love any feedback on whether there is anything. I should change. In particular, I'm wondering about our first couple of hours. Will we start hitting longer waits in Dinoland or will we still be okay without FP+ there at that time?

Planning to leave the room about 7:15 (driving if we are doing Boma afterward), but I'll keep an eye on reports and see how easy we actually need to be for RDing Na'vi once we are a bit closer to September.

When I changed our plan, I moved Kali up earlier so I figured I wouldn't need a FP+ for it. Is there somewhere I could use that third FP+ that a would be helpful? Would we need it on Dinosaur? FoTLK just has one section for FP+, correct? It wouldn't give us better seats to have fast passes for that?

Thanks!

8:45- Na'vi
9:35- Everest
9:50- Kali
10:15- PW (if it's open?)
10:30- Dino
11:00- Flame Tree lunch
12:00- KS with FP+
12:30-Gorilla Falls
1:00-FoTLK
1:20- Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch
2:00- Animation class
2:30- Train back
3:00- Harambe Village Acrobats
3:30- FoP with FP+
Shop in Pandora
4:30 - TTBAB
I have some who want to shop on Discovery Island and some who want to spend some time at the Discovery Island Trails, so we will linger until about 5:30?
Boma 6:00

kate81

Isn't FoTLK a 30-minute show?
Yes!! Thank you. I moved things around a few times and didn't notice that I only left 20 minutes there. I think it will still work for us to head over and take the train when FoTLK ends. It would be a little tighter to make the 2:00 animation class, but I think we'd still make it. Thanks for pointing that out!

geek1997

you are correct: a FP+ for FotLK does not necessarily mean a better seat. They seat everyone w/FP+ in the same section.

I would note though that it offers the advantage of not having to wait under the cover as long - meaning, you can wait longer to get in line. There never seems to be a breeze under that covered area and it will be hawt in September.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
For Na'vi River Journey, you really just need to be there waiting in the back of the large number of people who are heading to Flight of Passage first between 8:30am and 9am with a regular 9am open. River Journey should also take all of ten minutes, so you could theoretically ride a second time. Kali River Rapids likely won't open until 10am. Primeval Whirl likely won't be open at all.

So in the morning you would potentially have more time to do things unless you were thinking of re-riding Na'vi or Everest or DINO.

kate81

you are correct: a FP+ for FotLK does not necessarily mean a better seat. They seat everyone w/FP+ in the same section.

I would note though that it offers the advantage of not having to wait under the cover as long - meaning, you can wait longer to get in line. There never seems to be a breeze under that covered area and it will be hawt in September.
That's a good point about not waiting there so long. Thanks

kate81

For Na'vi River Journey, you really just need to be there waiting in the back of the large number of people who are heading to Flight of Passage first between 8:30am and 9am with a regular 9am open. River Journey should also take all of ten minutes, so you could theoretically ride a second time. Kali River Rapids likely won't open until 10am. Primeval Whirl likely won't be open at all.

So in the morning you would potentially have more time to do things unless you were thinking of re-riding Na'vi or Everest or DINO.

If I take out PW and have to wait until after 10:00 for Kali, does this make sense?

Na’vi
Dinosaur
Safari
Then other Africa area stuff and bump Everest and Kali later - if I don't need a FP+ for KS, I'll use them for FoP, EE, Kali.

It's a lot of walking back and forth to get to Dinoland and then back over to Africa for KS, but this seems to make the most sense to me. Will the safari line still be manageable after Na'vi and DINOSAUR? Looking at the wait times charts, I think so?

kate81

I reworked it to move EE and Kali later. Any thoughts about this?
8:45Na'vi
9:00PW (unlikely)
9:05DINOSAUR
9:30KS
10:00Gorilla Falls
11:00FOTLK
11:40Lunch at Flame Tree
12:40ITTBAB
1:00Rafiki
1:45Animation class (25 min)
2:20Train back
3:00EE FP+
3:20Kali FP+
4:00FoPFP+
Shopping in Pandora
Shop at Discovery Island/Animals in Oasis and DI trails/ Boneyard
5:30Head out
6:00Boma

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wonder if it makes sense to do Africa after Na'vi and then make your way over towards Asia and DinoLand.