AK Plans

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
Hi! I am adding more time to Animal Kingdom so I wanted to fit a few more things in. Please let me know if this works. It's me, Dh, DD 7, DS 5, DS 23 months. We did the Safari and Lion King last year and are going to skip it this year. Although I'm sure youngest DS would like to see some animals, so if we could fit in a trail, where would it go?

5/11 - #1 recommended park
Leave CSR at 9:00am
Ride TS, FPV Dinosaur (2 tickets only)
Get FP for EE (2 tickets only) on way to brunch
10:15 ADR for Tusker House
KRR FP after brunch (will the timing be right?, if not FPV while lined up for Nemo)
Line up for Nemo
11:45 - Nemo
boneyard
Ride Dinosaur (DS and adult)
1:20 Divine (she starts in Africa to Asia)
Ride EE (DD and adult) (get RS to ride twice)
Ride KRR (get RS to ride twice)

Thanks!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Going to have to look up what some of these abbreviations mean. Wish there was a list of abbreviations on this website.

CSR - Coronado Springs Resort
TS - Triceratops Spin
EE - Expedition Everest
KRR - Kali River Rapids
RS - Rider Swap

Hope those are right. They were off the top of my head.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm half teasing. I've never seen "FPV" before, but apparently it is a "FASTPASS volunteer." I call it a "FASTPASS runner." I'll off2neverland chime in first since it's her forum and then agree with her.

lisapennie

does judge
Hi! I am adding more time to Animal Kingdom so I wanted to fit a few more things in. Please let me know if this works. It's me, Dh, DD 7, DS 5, DS 23 months. We did the Safari and Lion King last year and are going to skip it this year. Although I'm sure youngest DS would like to see some animals, so if we could fit in a trail, where would it go?

5/11 - #1 recommended park
Leave CSR at 9:00am - Are you taking Disney transportation or driving? If Disney transportation, it's distinctly possible you might not arrive at the park until close to 10AM, and that pretty much throws off your whole morning. Beyond that, according to Disney's website, this morning is an EMH morning, meaning the park opens at 8AM. Are you sure you want to arrive so late?
Ride TS, FPV Dinosaur (2 tickets only) This is fine, if you arrive at the park early enough. Realistically, you might not be able to ride anything before your brunch if you're depending on Disney transportation.
Get FP for EE (2 tickets only) on way to brunch
KRR FP after brunch (will the timing be right?, if not FPV while lined up for Nemo) Realistically? No, it probably won't be. You might be okay on whatever tickets you used to get FPs for Dinosaur, but I doubt the ones for Everest will be open yet (it won't be two hours yet, and I'd guess your return time on Everest is going to be more than two hours from when you got the FPs around 10AM).
Line up for Nemo This should be fine, as long as you're there by 11:15, which means no more than about 45 minutes at breakfast. Everything after this looks okay to me.
boneyard
Ride Dinosaur (DS and adult)
1:20 Divine (she starts in Africa to Asia)
Ride EE (DD and adult) (get RS to ride twice)

Thanks!
I'd probably do things a bit differently - but I want to wait on some of your thoughts before posting my ideas.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
Check the crowd calendar. AK is not a good place to be on 5/11. It is the least recommended park.

Ann

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
Sorry - I posted the wrong date (that will teach me for trying to this at 11:30pm!). It's actually 5/10 that we will be there, which is recommended.

We are using Disney transportation. We are staying at Coronado Springs, so it's pretty close. I don't want to plan on leaving too much earlier because we have MSEP the night before, so it will be a late night. The kids won't sleep much past 8:15, so there is a chance of leaving before 9, but I don't want to count on it. On the plan, I thought we would arrive at the park at 9:30 (AK is the closest park to CSR).

I was planning an hour at brunch (we don't linger, but will want to see all of the characters).

I appreciate everyone's advice - I knew my timing wasn't right, but I don't want to be running back and forth across the park all day, so I am not sure how to work this.

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
I'm half teasing. I've never seen "FPV" before, but apparently it is a "FASTPASS volunteer." I call it a "FASTPASS runner." I'll off2neverland chime in first since it's her forum and then agree with her.
FPV= FASTPASS Volunteer- I think that's what we'll use here. It's what I am used to and I just posted Brad's acronym decoder in a sticky.
He has FPV in it but not FPR.

lisapennie

does judge
Sorry - I posted the wrong date (that will teach me for trying to this at 11:30pm!). It's actually 5/10 that we will be there, which is recommended.

We are using Disney transportation. We are staying at Coronado Springs, so it's pretty close. I don't want to plan on leaving too much earlier because we have MSEP the night before, so it will be a late night. The kids won't sleep much past 8:15, so there is a chance of leaving before 9, but I don't want to count on it. On the plan, I thought we would arrive at the park at 9:30 (AK is the closest park to CSR).

I was planning an hour at brunch (we don't linger, but will want to see all of the characters).

I appreciate everyone's advice - I knew my timing wasn't right, but I don't want to be running back and forth across the park all day, so I am not sure how to work this.
How many park days do you have? And what are your plans for later this day? If you don't have anything else planned for that day, it might be better to sleep in, get to the park closer to ten, and just send your FPV over to Dinosaur and EE while everyone else heads to TH. Then do the rest of your day as planned (and honestly - you could probably even fit in the Safari later in the day as the lines are often shorter later in the day - which would give you the animals for your son).

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
that could work if you walk up and the bus is right there. If just miss a bus and have to wait 20 minutes? It would be tight, you would want to walk right back to TH for you ADR. Even if you got there at 9:30 I'm sure you would be able to do all that before hand, likely a little bit of wait at TS, but it has been awhile since I've walked AK so I very well may be overestimating the time to walk.

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
We don't have any other plans that day, so we can stay later, but I don't now how long past 3:00 DS (almost 2) will last. So, if I was to leave CSR at 9:00am and head right to breakfast, would this work:

5/10 - #1 recommended park
Get FP for EE on way to brunch
FPB KRR after brunch (will the timing be right?, if not FPV while lined up for Nemo)
Line up for Nemo
FPV Dinosaur (2 tickets), FPV Primeval Whirl (2 tickets)
Ride EE (get RS and ride ride twice)
1:20 - Divine (Africa to Asia)
Boneyard - play and ride Dinosaur, PW

I have no idea if this will work with the timing of the fastpasses. Also, where do I put Triceratips Spin? That will be the only ride that the baby can ride, so I think I need to fit it in somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

josh

Administrator
Staff member
INTERESTING

I think you'll be fine as far as the FASTPASSes are concerned. You should be able to do Kali River Rapids on the way to Divine if you didn't want to walk back there at the end of the day. You could plan TriceraTop Spin at the end of the day too. Shouldn't have waits that exceed 15 minutes. You could also try to leave 10 minutes earlier to be sure that you'll arrive in time for it in the morning or head there first thing in case you do arrive with time to spare in the morning.

You might be able to catch Divine on your way to Tusker House at 10am. That would eliminate the need to cross the Park in the afternoon just for that. If you do walk all the way there, you might consider walking Pangani or trying to fit in a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris. You could also transfer over to Rafiki's Planet Watch for something to do while you wait for the Kilimanjaro FASTPASS time. There's a little petting zoo there, Pocahontas meet and greet, air conditioning, etc.

lisapennie

does judge
5/10 - #1 recommended park
Get FP for EE on way to brunch If you only need 2 tickets for this, couldn't the FPV swing past Dinosaur on the way to get these (different people are riding each one, right?)
11:15 Line up for Nemo - possibly FPV to KRR, depending on return time for EE (remember - if you don't get the FP until 10, there's a real possibility you might not be able to get another one until 12)
FPV Dinosaur (2 tickets), FPV Primeval Whirl (2 tickets) This is a "maybe" in my mind - you might not be able to get a FP for KRR before Nemo, so you might have to make a decision here on what's more important - however, if the FPV got the Dinosaur FPs in the morning as I suggested, you might be able to just ride Primeval Whirl later in the day without a FP
1:20 - Divine (Africa to Asia) I would follow Josh's suggestion and try to fit this in when you're riding KRR - you are running all over the park right now, which seems like a lot of effort
Boneyard - play and ride Dinosaur, PW - I think you could do TS here as well

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
Thanks for the suggestions! I think based on your suggestions, this may work. Does anything stand out to you that should be moved?

TS
FPV Dinosaur (2 tickets)
Get FP for EE (two tickets) on way to brunch
DiVine 10:00, 10:50 & 11:40am, 12:30, 1:20 & 2:10pm
(45 minute sets)
FPV KRR (this may have to be while we are at Boneyard)
Boneyard - play and ride Dinosaur, PW (if the line is reasonable)
12:30 line up for Nemo
1:00 Nemo
Maharajah Jungle Trek

lisapennie

does judge
I like it - and there's a real possibility that you might be able to do Kilimanjaro Safaris near the end there (I'd probably do it before getting all soggy on KRR, but that's just me).