AKL grocery question.

Melissab730

I recently booked a trip in January to the AKL. This is our first visit in a deluxe. We will rent a car and on previous trips stopped at Publix to grab waters, yogurts, cereal, plastic bowls, granola bars etc. basics for quick bfasts in the room before hitting the parks for rope drop. I thought I was recently reading that the DVC side has a little store. Can anyone tell me if this would stock these sort of things or should we just hit Publix when we get into Orlando? thanks.

Oops, I meant to post this in the Disney Resorts section. :RpS_thumbdn: Sorry about that, new here.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
They will have most of that but I would still got to publix if you have a car. More selection in brands and sizes and cheaper.

pixarprincess

agreed with vicki, unless it is going to be super inconvenient the grocery will be cheaper with more selection. We sometime buy things in the store, but mainly extras or if we run out of yogurt, peanut butter etc. Garden grocer or a trip in the car is worth it.

Melissab730

Thanks for the tips! I think we will just hit up Publix when we get to Disney and use the store more for restock if needed.

smile750

And you're fairly close to Publix (and the super Target across the street which has most grocery items as well) from AKL. Just make a right at first traffic light coming out of the resort onto Sherberth Rd. Take to Irlo Bronson Memorial Pkwy (192) (1st light) and make a right. It's the same traffic light you would turn to get to either store (left for Target and right for Publix). About 2 or 3 lights down. It's right after Joe's Crab Shack (on the right side).

Jen