All about the Rider Switch Pass (aka Rider Swap)

tlseege

yes, that'll work. You don't need a FP reservation for a child under 3, so meeting Mickey should work fine.

When everyone goes on 7DMT, they'll most likely ask to view the 1.5 year old so make sure they are within pointing distance that you can point them out to the CM.

We split up our FastPass+ reservations in that way.

Kjbcmu

Just another question I have not seen addressed yet about RS. So if you have four kids, for example, you want to ride BTMRR, and three of your kids are tall enough, the fourth child is not. Mom rides with older three, dad hangs with little, you get a rider swap, then dad rides again, can he take all three kids with him, or does he have to choose two kids to take and mom get to sit with the pouty third and the fourth, lol? Anyone know how it works for larger families?

Anne

Just another question I have not seen addressed yet about RS. So if you have four kids, for example, you want to ride BTMRR, and three of your kids are tall enough, the fourth child is not. Mom rides with older three, dad hangs with little, you get a rider swap, then dad rides again, can he take all three kids with him, or does he have to choose two kids to take and mom get to sit with the pouty third and the fourth, lol? Anyone know how it works for larger families?
Unfortunately he has to choose. Only 3 total can ride on a swap, regardless of how many are in the original party.

Anne

I think they're too young. When we go they will be 9,8,6. Not sure I am ready for that!! Good thought for older kids though.
You are correct. Children under 7 have to be accompanied by someone 14 or older to ride even if they meet the height requirement.

Micah008

I'd try to use with 4, however, some cast members will allow. YMMV.
I agree, at least try with 4 if you want, but be prepared if they say no who will sit out. We tried at 7DMT and they actually let us to my surprise, and my sister tried last year at BTMRR and was successful.

tommyboy619

We plan to use RS for RnRC at DHS but since it is the only tier one attraction that uses RS, we can't really split FP+ like you can with ToT and ST. Has anyone had any luck with this scenario? Riding party #1 uses FP+ while party #2 babysits and rides later using RS pass. THEN later that day (possibly immediately) party #2 uses FP+ and party #1 use RS passes, thus allowing each party to ride twice?

smwisc

Yes, we used that strategy to get multiple rides on 7DMT (and maybe something else, don't remember). Our big kids really made out - they each got 3 rides (their own FP+ plus two RS).

morganf

Does the Riderswap only work for children or can you use it for adults. AKA my mom has a bad back and cannot ride some of the more "rollar coaster" type rides. The party will be 2 adults and 2 teens. Can Mom and Dad wait together, teens ride alone, and then Dad and one kid ride? Or does it not work like that?

Anne

Does the Riderswap only work for children or can you use it for adults. AKA my mom has a bad back and cannot ride some of the more "rollar coaster" type rides. The party will be 2 adults and 2 teens. Can Mom and Dad wait together, teens ride alone, and then Dad and one kid ride? Or does it not work like that?
Doesn't work like that. You can only get a swap if the non-riding party requires care and cannot be left alone to wait. Despite what the web site description of swap states many CMs will only give a swap for those who do not meet the height requirement and not for those who meet the height requirement but choose not to ride. In both instances this typically means a child. I suppose they might give you a swap for an adult with intellectual disability who couldn't wait independently but I haven't been in this situation and am only guessing.

avab80

You could use FP+ to allow all 3 kids to re-ride with dad. Get FP+ for everyone in the family. Mom & 3 kids use their FP+ for the first ride while Dad waits with the 4th child. Then Dad still has his FP+ to use. Dad uses his FP+ and 3 kids use the RS Pass to ride again.

We did this last year for almost all the rides we planned to RS since we had a group of 5 riders and 1 toddler. It just means that whoever waits with the youngest child can't take them on another ride using FP+ but we always found something for them to do that didn't require a FP.

momof2boys

Dumb question, but is the below FP+ strategy with RS still valid. I remember reading trip reports where this was done recently, but I have not done this before. We booked all the same FP+, but changing strategy moving forward now that we are a traveling party of 4 and not 7. Thanks!

How about an EPCOT example?
Both of the "big" attractions at EPCOT - Soarin' and Test Track - are Tier 1 FP+ attractions, meaning you can't get FP+ for both on the same day. Let's assume our family splits their FP+ reservations - dad and the 10-year-old get FP+ for Soarin', mom and the 7-year-old get FP+ for Test Track. Dad and the 10-year-old ride Soarin' using their FP+, getting a Swap for mom in the process. Mom can then use her Swap later in the day to ride Soarin', taking the two older kids along with her (remember, the Swap is good for three guests). When it's time for Test Track, mom and the 7-year-old ride TT using their FP+. The 10-year-old is comfortable enough to use the Single Rider line, so he goes on at the same time mom and the 7-year-old use their FP+ while dad stays behind with the 3-year-old. Dad gets a Swap. Later in the day, dad uses the Swap to ride TT, taking the older kids with him.

tlseege

That's how I have used it in the past, and how I have set up my FastPass+ reservations for our September trip. However, I know going into it that if for some reason they change how it's done, I'm not going to be upset. My 3 year old cannot ride those rides, so being upset by them changing the rules is silly.

The only thing that I would change from the above post, is that I would make a FastPass+ reservation for TT for the 3 year old, and I would hand the band to the 10 year old. There is no need for the 10 year old to do single rider.

sebersole

Rider Swap for family of 3

Can rider swap be used for 2 parents and 1 child regardless of fastpass? I was trying to see if my child could ride the same ride twice with both of her parents. Instead of having the 2nd parent sit behind with another rider. Example: Mom and child ride first together and then dad and child ride together allowing the child to ride with each of her parents.

Thanks in advance!