All Ears does Riviera Resort scavenger hunt

i<3riviera

I watch these all the time because you pick-up on some cool facts about whatever location they are in; it was fun to see them do RVA today and I actually knew some of the answers for a change! it would be fun to copy the board they used in the video and play with your family / friends

if you are interested, they have several of these scavenger hunt challenges you can watch that are a good test of your Disney trivia; they even did a March madness style bracket over the last month or so

josh

Administrator
Staff member
This is most of the reason why 90% of America couldn't put a complete sentence together to save their lives. At least we'll have....this to watch.

i<3riviera

I've heard a lot of shade directed at RVA over the last two years or so; its effect on the state of American education and grammar is a new perspective ... :D

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even know what RVA stands for, so I may be the ignorant one. I would have guessed you were on your way to Richmond, Virginia or something. But pretty soon everything will just be a video and then virtual reality. The newspaper might not be dead if they had figured out a better delivery system where nobody had to put any effort in to consuming the content...about 20 years ago. But my mom sits there on her iPad all day watching videos of other people doing things. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure there are plenty of educational outlets too. I learned how to upgrade my AirPods Pro from a YouTube video the other day, for example. Didn't even know you could.

i<3riviera

I don't even know what RVA stands for
my bad, it's one of the abbreviations for the Riviera Resort (DVC uses it on their official documents) but I think RIV is preferred by most people

yeah, I'm with you; some amount of grazing is a healthy guilty pleasure (especially if you watch at 2x speed) but a total lack of mental stimulation isn't great for the mind

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
DFB/AE (Disney Food Blog and AllEars, for Josh :D ) has become all bit irrelevant. But man, that AJ does has some nice manicures!

Strangeite

I know I’m taking this further off topic but the trend to provide tech support help only via video drives me nuts.

I want to know how to change a specific setting that could be explained in a paragraph. Not sit through a five minute video where the first four minutes are explaining to me why I want to do it. I know I want to do it, that’s why I trying to figure out how!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I know I’m taking this further off topic but the trend to provide tech support help only via video drives me nuts.

I want to know how to change a specific setting that could be explained in a paragraph. Not sit through a five minute video where the first four minutes are explaining to me why I want to do it. I know I want to do it, that’s why I trying to figure out how!

Feh. Try learning how to fold a fitted sheet via video.

Strangeite

The newspaper might not be dead if they had figured out a better delivery system where nobody had to put any effort in to consuming the content...about 20 years ago.

This is a topic that I have been thinking about for...about 20 years.

I married into a newspaper family...20 years ago, and up until we started having kids would frequently vacation with my in-laws to the annual international convention of newspaper editors in which my father-in-law was a bigwig. This was (and is) a group of smart, thoughtful, studious and underneath radical group of people that truly believe in what they are doing. I got to know several of them well, and a few I can go so far as to say we became friends. Next summer, I ain't going to have to pay for lodging in France because a friend I met at the conventions is letting us stay in his weekend house in Normandy.

It was clear then, and clearer now, that newspapers aren't "dead" per se, but rather the market is shifting to the top and the bottom. A handful (I am guessing about 6) of nationally important papers are not only going to survive but thrive. In addition, the very small local papers are doing better now than they have in decades. Think of the papers that are covering the JV basketball team making it to the state championship or printing pictures of Mrs. Hudson's 4th grade class writing letters to their congressperson about the need for new staves for the town's pork barrel.

So newspapers aren't dead but there is a category that the vultures are flying overhead and I am worried about them. That is the regional papers. In many ways they are the most important. They ain't gonna break stories about CIA black op sites and they also don't cover Mrs. Hudson's 4th grade class. What they do cover, and typically well, is the larger municipalities and the smaller state governments. Here in Kentucky for example, I am not sure the world would know the name Breonna Taylor if it wasn't for Jonathon Bullington and Sarah Ladd at the Courier-Journal. Joe Sonka and others won the Pulitzer last year because they exposed the corruption of how our last governor used his pardon power on his way out the door. The Herald-Leader exposed how over a billion dollars of value is removed from the tax rolls because our state's PVA's had been turning a blind eye since the '80s (I got a good story about that one).

They are the type of newspapers that are dying and it is sad. There is never going to be a shortage of people holding our national politicians to account. There is also always going to be a market to see your kids picture from Mrs. Hudson's class. But from a day to day perspective, holding local and state leaders to account is more important for most folks. Even if they ain't willing to pay for it.

Feh. Try learning how to fold a fitted sheet via video.

I have watched those videos and still can't fold fitted sheets. If you say you can, you need to be burned as a witch.

i<3riviera

you're all boujee with your multiple fitted sheets in your fancy linen cabinets; our sheets go from the bed, to the washer, then dryer, and back on the bed; a post-noon washer entry can be a gamble; if you lose, you're stuck on unfitted flat sheets for the night like savages

speaking of sheets, what moron decided a king should be 80 in by 76 in? can't just round it up to 80 in by 80 in? we stumbled upon sheets that are labeled top / bottom on the seams which has saved me a solid 30 min on the weekends

Strangeite

you're all boujee with your multiple fitted sheets in your fancy linen cabinets; our sheets go from the bed, to the washer, then dryer, and back on the bed; a post-noon washer entry can be a gamble; if you lose, you're stuck on unfitted flat sheets for the night like savages

speaking of sheets, what moron decided a king should be 80 in by 76 in? can't just round it up to 80 in by 80 in? we stumbled upon sheets that are labeled top / bottom on the seams which has saved me a solid 30 min on the weekends

Fair

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I still spell things out. I guess because I am that old school. And virtually none of the pictures are AJ/All Unrelated to Food Blog for whatever that is worth. The people in the video, along with some others, are the hands you see. I have more of a problem seeing people just holding things up with a background that doesn't make any sense just to have some blur in the background. I'm sure I'm guilty myself as sometimes there is just nothing around. But sometimes the background is more interesting than the picture's "focal point." And you're just like, "Why did you take that float over to miss focus on the item and take a blurry photo of that deciduous fern. But then maybe you get two posts out of it.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
A genius move though. You buy one cupcake. You get a video out of it, an AllEars review out of it, and a DFB review out of it, along with another DFB video, a cupcake roundup, and who knows what ekse. And I can virtually guarantee Food Blog got it for about 15% of what it could have been worth with one move. I would have bought it if I knew it was for sale. I don't know why she didn't auction it off or something. I'm not sure secret sales are the way to go. Let me know if you want this one though. You could be the next Inside the Magic.

And then there's the SEO cross-linking, "synergy," etc. It still seems a little too sly not to admit you're the buyer.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Wait...they won't admit they're connected? They literally use the same fonts/graphics in their videos, right?? Weird.
It's like watching ESPN and seeing a commercial for the next episode of ABC's Dancing with the Stars featuring contestant Sebastian Stan from Marvel's Avengers and a musical performance by Disney Channel stars The Cheetah Girls.