Annual Pass Announcement?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Did I miss something? Disney's website seems to indicate that purchases will be able to be made on 8/16/21. Any more info on this?

As more Walt Disney World Passholders continue to discover Disney MagicMobile service, we will no longer be offering complimentary Magic Bands with annual pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond.

Here's the LINK to the webpage in question.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Probably applies more to renewals. They announced recently that they'll have information about the return of WDW annual passes before October 1 so those details will be out soon enough.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I recently peeked at 5-6 day parkhopper prices for our planned 5/22 trip. I'm hopeful that the AP prices (DVC discount??) help and keep me from selling plasma to pay for the tickets.

DopeyRunr

I recently peeked at 5-6 day parkhopper prices for our planned 5/22 trip. I'm hopeful that the AP prices (DVC discount??) help and keep me from selling plasma to pay for the tickets.
Yeah I did something similar for a potential "kid is at college so mom and dad can maybe sneak a quick adults-only" trip next year. The Gold Pass (assuming it, or something like it) worked great for us because we would never travel there for spring break or Christmas weeks, the only time it was blacked out. I would even take more blackout restrictions in exchange for a deeper discount, but I don't think Disney's in the "deeper discount" business anymore.

DopeyRunr

I would pay a premium for a “Crowds are low, wanna come?” AP.
Sadly, that's not an option, but a "Crowds are insane and lines will make you say you'll never return (but who are you kidding, you know you will)" upcharge is almost a guarantee.

RetroCOTfan

Did I miss something? Disney's website seems to indicate that purchases will be able to be made on 8/16/21. Any more info on this?

As more Walt Disney World Passholders continue to discover Disney MagicMobile service, we will no longer be offering complimentary Magic Bands with annual pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond.

Here's the LINK to the webpage in question.
IIRC, that date has been there since they announced no more free Magic Bands for APs several months ago. I only remember because Bricker has been using that date as his "most likely" date for when APs will go on sale again for quite some time, based on that wording.