Annual Pass cancellation deadline 8/11 (Tues)

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Being the patient person that I am :RpS_laugh: , I emailed WDW guest communications on 11/3. After a few emails back and forth, I received an email last night from an AP CM; the email said that for our two AP's, one refund was done by check on 11/6 and the other refund was done in September via a credit on the card I used to buy the AP.

I have no credit showing on my Disney Visa, and we haven't received a check. :mad::mad:

Micah008

Staff member
Still nothing here either... I was told they are working through processing them all, and it is taking much longer than expected. I'm just assuming since my last name is at the end of the alphabet it will probably take a while more...

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Still nothing here either... I was told they are working through processing them all, and it is taking much longer than expected. I'm just assuming since my last name is at the end of the alphabet it will probably take a while more...
Your last name comes after "Vandelay?" :RpS_biggrin:

Derjay

Just here to report that I received my AP refund check from Disney yesterday. This was for an AP purchased with gift cards. It made me feel relieved, but also a bit sad.

Micah008

Staff member
We received an email today saying that our cancellation has been processed and our refund is in the mail. Nice to hear something finally.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I received a check today for one AP refund; waiting on the second.
Follow up...I emailed WDW and eventually got a live CM to speak with about the second refund. He told me that it was refunded to my credit card on 9/21. I have no refund on my cc on 9/21 (or any date), so they have to do a trace on it. He said that they will most likely end up issuing a check, and this could take up to 12 weeks. :mad:

Anne

My parents just got their check today. So of our 6 we have 5 refunds. Still hoping that last one shows up but likely will end up calling.

Micah008

Staff member
We got our checks in the mail today too, all 4 of them at the same time. Nice to finally have it done.

By the way... the amount we got back was larger than I calculated (not complaining). We used 10 days when we activated them in January, later cancelled, and we got back 95% of the money we spent in the first place.

Anne

I called and was told we were sent a check for the last refund and it might take 3-4 weeks. I asked when the check was sent. "No information on the date it was sent in the file. Call back if you haven't recieved it by 12/12." The check has since arrived so thankfully I don't need to call again.

Interestingly my parents' refund was for more than they paid for their APs. They had vouchers purchased before the big price increase but were given credit for the current AP value minus the 1 month they were active which was still more than the original price and they got to use them for a trip.

I renewed my AP while on the phone as I figured once I can go again I'll make several trips. They will sell a voucher to APs that canceled or expired after the closing date. It can be activated anytime until 2030. We have no discounts and I'm still a bit in shock the current platinum pass after tax is $1200.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
$671.55 was supposedly credited to my cc on 9/20, but I never received it. That card got compromised after the purchase, but Chase says that if the credit was sent to the old number it'd automatically get credited to the new number. Had to call Disney again, and now they'll issue a check - which will take 6-8 weeks MORE. Ugh.

I honestly don't know what I paid for my DVC Gold Pass in February; I charged about $128 and paid the balance in the discounted Sam's Club Disney gift cards. But $671.55 sounds like a lot, considering I did use the AP for four days when I activated it on 2/12/20, before all hell broke loose in the world. Seems like a lifetime ago!