Annual Pass Expiration Date

Marie

Hello. Has anyone checked to see if their annual pass expiration date was extended due to the closure? Mine has been fluctuating between the original date and the new date. Now for the past two days it is back to the original expiration. Of course I can’t get through by phone. I’m having trouble reserving a park pass and this is just an added extra to the issue. Thanks

Micah008

Staff member
Ours was 1/18/21 and now 5/15/21. Keep trying by phone, best time is when they first open. I had been having issues reaching DVC Member Services all week too.

3dadknight

All 3 of ours have updated expiration dates even though I had called the Passholder number and asked for partial refunds on 2 of them - particularly my wife’s that expires today (6/28/2020). My daughter’s expiration went from Oct 2020 to January 2020. We don’t have a trip planned until May 2021. It worked out for me since I stretched my AP that I bought in late February 2020 to an expiration date of June 21,2021. It will cover our next big trip.

I can't figure ours out. We were supposed to expire some time around 5/20. Now they all expire 9/2, but mine is a gold pass with no blockout dates between now and then, and the others are silver and blocked out until mid-August. It's not that I wanted us to have different blockout dates, but it seems odd that I'd have more dates added to mine than they did. We did have some dates that were blocked out during the shut down period, but I'm pretty sure the silver and gold passes had the same blockout dates during that period.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
My original expiration date was 8/4/20 and now it’s 11/29/20.
Our dates are exactly the same. I let mine expire, but DD and DW's are active.

We were in sort of a unique situation renewal-wise; we had two trips booked, early August and early November. Just DW and I in November, so we opted to take the partial reimbursement for DD's AP and extend DW's expiration date. Then we canceled November. When I called the AP phone #, the CM I spoke with told me that the decision to extend was final and couldn't be changed. Since they didn't tell me that when I first called, I asked for a supervisor, held for a while, no supervisor was available, so I have to call back.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I have a feeling they're going to close down again before long if the numbers keep spiking, so my AP might be good until 2022.

bnoble

he's right
I don't know what it would take for TWDC to voluntarily close WDW, and (unlike DLR) I'm not sure what governmental entity would give the order at this point.

Anne

Our dates are exactly the same. I let mine expire, but DD and DW's are active.

We were in sort of a unique situation renewal-wise; we had two trips booked, early August and early November. Just DW and I in November, so we opted to take the partial reimbursement for DD's AP and extend DW's expiration date. Then we canceled November. When I called the AP phone #, the CM I spoke with told me that the decision to extend was final and couldn't be changed. Since they didn't tell me that when I first called, I asked for a supervisor, held for a while, no supervisor was available, so I have to call back.
That's interesting. When I called to ask they told me the decision to cancel couldn't be changed and if I wasn't sure I should wait, since they didn't know what the new expiration date would be and our August trip might have been included in the extension. And that there wasn't a deadline to choose a refund. But the passes have now automatically extended. Does that mean we are locked in at this point? I haven't used the passes to make any parks pass reservations. I was still holding out to see if they get extended further. Especially with these AP parks pass reservations now booking into September. It doesn't seem reasonable to offer just 1 month extra as compensation. And why are they not adding that month until October?