Arrival day - auto train!

kate81

We are looking at taking the auto train and since we are staying BCV, I am planning to spend some time in EP on our arrival day. I'm trying to remember from past trips about what time we've gotten to the resort so that I know what time I make ADRs or FP+. Here's what I'm thinking. Tell me if it seems way off, please!

I know the train is scheduled to arrive by 9:00, however I don't remember ever getting in later than about 7:30 or so. But, let's say 9:00 just to be safe. Then, wait an hour for our vehicle. So 10:00, we get out car and we are on our way. Around a 1 hour drive, so arrive to BCV by 11:00. Park and walk into EP by noon. I'm thinking with an hour of wiggle room, we could plan ADRs or FP+ as early as 1:00?

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
We tend not to make ADR's on arrival day because travel is unpredictable.

As for FP's, make you favorite/must do (which I assume would be a Tier 1 in Epcot) the last of your three, and make the lowest priority your first, in case you miss it. 1:00 sounds good for the first FP.

kate81

I typically don't make ADRs on arrival day. And we tend not to do parks either, but since we will be so close to EP, I figure I'd chance it this time. Good idea to keep the tier 1 FP+ at the end. I was thinking we'd do FP+ for Figment, LWTL, Soarin, and ADR for Garden Grill. That way, we are inside much of the time and also in the same area so if we are tired we aren't running all over the park.

With DVC rooms seeming to be ready later in the day over the years, I like to have a plan that isn't swimming at the resort since I like to be able to change in our room and be able to shower when we are done. And SSR or OKW, where we most often stay, we will head into DS on arrival day. But this trip, EP makes sense since we are so close!

kate81

Definitely. But beware of afternoon storms messing with those plans. :RpS_thumbdn:
Last time we stayed at an EP area resort (BWV), several years ago, we ended up trapped in Mouse Gears in a torrential downpour. We won’t have mousegears as an option this trip!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you can still stand inside "MouseGear," it will just be in the old Innoventions East. If you miss a dining reservation and get charged a no-show fee just visit guest services and tell them what happened. They will 100000000% reverse the charge. If you don't want to do it in person, you can just email them and they'll do the same.

kate81

Well, you can still stand inside "MouseGear," it will just be in the old Innoventions East. If you miss a dining reservation and get charged a no-show fee just visit guest services and tell them what happened. They will 100000000% reverse the charge. If you don't want to do it in person, you can just email them and they'll do the same.
Thanks - that's good to know. I have used the trick of modifying it to later and then cancelling.