Art of Animation resort photos

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Alice, You're clearly on the DIS because that's where I asked. Yes, that was me. I asked over there instead of here because there seem to be more people over there who are REALLY up to date on the resort even if I do like the general tone and activity over here more.

Hopefully those hinges do mean an actual door.

AliceIn

I post in both places -- but not a lot in either place yet :) I only look at the AoA threads most of the time. The people are pretty intense over there.

Jessica

I suppose. But, until my kids are paying the bill, we'll be staying where *I* want to, not where *they* want to.
/curmudgeon
And it's your right to feel that way. I go to Disney for my daughter so I chose the little mermaid room because I know she'll love it. And, it looks great to me in the mock picture I've seen. BUT I'm sure the difference is that I don't mind the theming of value resorts. We stayed at POP in 2010 and it didn't bother me one bit. I felt like I was at Disney which was great.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Welcome to the forums Jessica.

I don't know if you've been reading here often, and have just started to post, but you'll find the tone here more than a bit snarky. We live and breathe Disney, but we're not typically sweetness and light about it. Don't get me wrong, we love the house of mouse as much as most people, but we realize it's just a flippin' vacation, and we're not going to go all rabid about resort cup re-use or who they're allowing into the Top of the World lounge. And plenty of us really like Pop.

Your tone comes across a little more DIS than Easy - have a Scotch, kick your shoes off, and relax a bit here.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Speak for yourself.

This is a very serious website!

For very serious people!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Seriously!!

Hey, when are you releasing Best Places to Sip Scotch in Disney World, anyway?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
The Magic Kingdom touring plans are the appendix. If that gives you any idea on release date.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
It's just a vacation? BLASPHEME!!!! Josh, I think it's time for a :ban: . Jessica, this is part of the tone Pam was reffering to; Josh threatens bans over things like asking for MK touring plans. I think we're all waiting to see what will finally push him over the edge to follow through. If you don't see me posting much after this, you'll have your answer. LOL

I happen to agree with Brian. We go to WDW because it's somewhere the whole family can enjoy together and it's somewhere that can feed people with lots of food allergies. I do take my kids needs and preferences into consideration but ultimately DH and I are the ones footing the bill so what we want/need trumps what they want. They get to go to WDW for a kid centric vacation. They're happy with pretty much anywhere we stay as long as the actual needs (not necessarily wants) are met. Granted we have all enjoyed some resorts more than others but they do like staying a different resorts. We're staying at AoA. They kids are excited. I chose the theme we'd stay at because I know that being closer to the main pool is important to everybody so I didn't even ask which theme they liked best. I just showed them the Nemo suite art and said "this is where we'll be staying". I did also show them the others and I did ask what they thought of them but it was made clear to them that we're staying where I say. They're happy, I'm happy, DH is happy even if they didn't get to choose.

Jessica

Well, I say yes to my daughter whenever she wants. She's my sweet princess, and I can't stand saying no to her----->note my sarcasm and newly found snarky attitude.

I don't have scotch but I'll gladly enjoy my girly Corona with lime.