August 2016 Photopass Share

frannn

Good morning & happy 4th! I just adjusted the settings in the dummy account-everyone appears to be linked. Plesse take another look and let me know.

abarriger

I made the change to allow you to see all plans, and I still see this message.

Does anyone on your Family & Friends list manage a Memory Maker purchase?
In order to see the details of a Memory Maker that is assigned to another Guest, you and that Guest must first allow each
other to view all plans in Family & Friends

I see this same alert, unless I switch to Fran's name under friends and family. I assumed this was normal? I also see a link now that says "View and Download Your Disney PhotoPass Photos", but I should never click that, right? We said only via the dummy account?

frannn

I see this same alert, unless I switch to Fran's name under friends and family. I assumed this was normal? I also see a link now that says "View and Download Your Disney PhotoPass Photos", but I should never click that, right? We said only via the dummy account?
You should not hit "View and Download Your Photopass Photos" now. You can use this later to view, but don't hit download.
The dummy account is showing you as being linked. I'm not sure what you mean by switching to Fran's name under friends and family, but you are currently linked. I think its best if you do a test with each member of your travel party on the first day to be sure there are no issues. Have each person take a separate, unique Photopass pic having the Photopass photographer scan only their own band. Those photos should appear in your account later that day. You can look, but not download. Edits will not stick if you do them in your own account, only the dummy account.

frannn

Hey Frann-- my trip is coming up in just two weeks! I'm very excited. Have you decided on download dates, etc?
Your pics will be the first to start to expire, as they do so 45 days after they are taken. I'd like to push the download date to 9/18, if everyone's comfortable with that. It would leave us 2 business days to solve any issues we may encounter. If you won't be taking any Photopass pics that first day, it gives us an extra day, etc etc. I would like you to try the test I mentioned earlier- take a "throwaway" pic for each person and scan their magic band for each. Then check your account a few hours later to be certain they all show up. Please remember not to edit pics in your own account as the changes will not appear in the MM. The edits will need to be done in the dummy account. You can edit as much as you want, but do not hit download. On download day I will create one set of download files to keep the page clean and easy.

abarriger

Hi Frann,

Do you mean I cannot download any photos until 9/18? That's over a month after I will have returned. Will it be possible to capture the photos some other way, maybe screenshot them, while I wait for that date?

I will not likely be taking any photos on my first day, as it is not a parks day. (We are visiting the monorail resorts, DS and doing Ohana dinner-- no Photopass photographers any of those places, correct?) I will make sure to have us both scan our MB's the morning of our second day. Hopefully it works as it is a very short trip for us-- so if there is a problem we will barely have time to fix it before we leave!

Last edited:

frannn

Hi Frann,

Do you mean I cannot download any photos until 9/18? That's over a month after I will have returned. Will it be possible to capture the photos some other way, maybe screenshot them, while I wait for that date?

I will not likely be taking any photos on my first day, as it is not a parks day. (We are visiting the monorail resorts, DS and doing Ohana dinner-- no Photopass photographers any of those places, correct?) I will make sure to have us both scan our MB's the morning of our second day. Hopefully it works as it is a very short trip for us-- so if there is a problem we will barely have time to fix it before we leave!
You will not be able to download until the date that is agreed upon (likely 9/18), because although your trip begins early August, the other member's trips span through 9/6 (mine is the latest), and downloading early 1) decreases the amount of time that additional pictures may be added, and 2) would create too many files on the Photopass download page due to the many many pics from everyone, and cause it to stall and need to be reset. Also, there are many editing options available (borders, stickers, etc) for the pics, but due to the unfortunate slowness and shakiness of the website, it is an extremely slow process. This gives everyone time to get a ton of pics and edit them to their heart's content, creating a ton more extra pics. Regarding capturing a picture early, you may be able to do a print screen, but I'm not sure about whether you can copy/paste. To test the bands for your first pic, you will need to take your pic, and have the photographer scan the band. Then have each member do the same. A few hours later, check your Photopass account. You should see the pics there, but should not edit there as the edits will only stick if you do them in the dummy account. I see you listed and linked in the dummy MDE account, so there should be no problem. If there is, please post here asap and I will check the account and call Photopass if necessary. I believe there is a place to get Photopass pics taken in Disney Springs (we used to have DD's pic's done there after BBB). I think it used to be by Guest Svs, but it was a few years ago so it may have moved.

abarriger

You will not be able to download until the date that is agreed upon (likely 9/18), because although your trip begins early August, the other member's trips span through 9/6 (mine is the latest), and downloading early 1) decreases the amount of time that additional pictures may be added, and 2) would create too many files on the Photopass download page due to the many many pics from everyone, and cause it to stall and need to be reset. Also, there are many editing options available (borders, stickers, etc) for the pics, but due to the unfortunate slowness and shakiness of the website, it is an extremely slow process. This gives everyone time to get a ton of pics and edit them to their heart's content, creating a ton more extra pics. Regarding capturing a picture early, you may be able to do a print screen, but I'm not sure about whether you can copy/paste. To test the bands for your first pic, you will need to take your pic, and have the photographer scan the band. Then have each member do the same. A few hours later, check your Photopass account. You should see the pics there, but should not edit there as the edits will only stick if you do them in the dummy account. I see you listed and linked in the dummy MDE account, so there should be no problem. If there is, please post here asap and I will check the account and call Photopass if necessary. I believe there is a place to get Photopass pics taken in Disney Springs (we used to have DD's pic's done there after BBB). I think it used to be by Guest Svs, but it was a few years ago so it may have moved.
Hi Fran,

I do see that there is a photopass place in DS, but it looks like it is intended for people coming from the BBB-- I don't think I would feel comfortable going there as two grown adults! I will be sure to have us each take a photo as we enter the parks that morning, and will check/let you know if there are issues. As long as I am able to log in and see the photos (and play with borders! Which sounds fun!) I am okay with waiting on the download date.

Will you message us login info? Thanks so much!

frannn

Hi Fran,

I do see that there is a photopass place in DS, but it looks like it is intended for people coming from the BBB-- I don't think I would feel comfortable going there as two grown adults! I will be sure to have us each take a photo as we enter the parks that morning, and will check/let you know if there are issues. As long as I am able to log in and see the photos (and play with borders! Which sounds fun!) I am okay with waiting on the download date.

Will you message us login info? Thanks so much!
Totally understandable. :RpS_smile: I have not yet given out the login info to the dummy account because 1) everyone's ADRs etc are visible, 2) to ensure no accidental downloading occurs, and 3) to be sure the settings stay as they are so everyone is connected properly. I can give out the info now, or wait until everyone's trips have been completed. Or, I can provide the info to each party individually as they complete their trip. You will not be able to edit until you log into the dummy account. So, I will leave this up to you all. Would you prefer I PM the info now, or after the trips have ended? Please chime in and let me know.

abarriger

Hi Frannn,

If you get a chance it would be lovely if you could message me info before I leave!! I'm getting all packed up today :)

DisneyNinja

Just wondering if we should be seeing anything in our Memory Maker yet? I believe some members of the share are already travelling?

frannn

Just wondering if we should be seeing anything in our Memory Maker yet? I believe some members of the share are already travelling?
Yes, there are already pictures in our Memory Maker. You will be able to see them all in the dummy account, and just your own in your personal account. You will not be able to save the edits to our MM in your personal account, just in the dummy account. I will PM the login info to each group individually. Please do not hit download :RpS_smile:

frannn

Yes, you all should be able to access this

Would each party in the share be able to access this meet and greet?
The MM is tied to each one of your magicbands, so you should have no issue accessing this and getting the pictures.

frannn

I have just sent the Dummy Account login info to everyone else- please let me know if you have any questions.