August, maybe no parks

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I was able to grab Sunday-Friday at OKW in early August. I'm not sure if it'll be a staycation or if we'll do any parks. I don't want to do the parks with no FP's and long waits in August. Too hot.

We're waitlisted for a few of those nights at Vero Beach.

We're fully vaccinated, so I think I'll be less apprehensive about flying.

Strangeite

Hopefully the boat will be up and running by then. I have always enjoyed getting a drink at the Gurgling Suitcase, hopping on the boat to the Springs for dinner and then a leisurely ride back. Perhaps a game of shuffle board before retiring for the evening.

bnoble

he's right
I'm not sure if it'll be a staycation or if we'll do any parks.
We did a July vacation one year that was a Waterparks & More AP (back when DisneyQuest was still open). We were either in water or in air conditioning. That was sprinkled in with some resort meals that we'd been meaning to try but hadn't gotten around to: Boma breakfast + checking out AKL, Beaches & Cream for a Kitchen Sink, etc. DQ is gone, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do a whole bunch of indoor dining even vaccinated (irrational, I know, but...) but a water park seems like a think I'd be up for.

Edited to add: Looks like the water park APs are not currently for sale, and only Typhoon Lagoon is open of the water parks. Still, easy to make a day or two out of that. Two day tickets would be $150ish.

Last edited:

paxsarah

We just got back from a no-park trip to OKW. We did Blizzard Beach on one day. If Typhoon Lagoon had been open we definitely would have done it as well, but although we had a fun, full day at BB we didn't really feel like going back for an exact replay. (Three of us have WPFM days left on no-expire tickets, so it only cost us one day's entry for our youngest.) We did an airboat tour and some non-Disney mini golf and a little bit of outlet shopping. We went to Disney Springs once, popped in a few stores, and enjoyed some Coke products at the rooftop bar (I got my Beverly fix!). We did almost no dining out (though I had looked into restaurants on and off site with outdoor seating, but ultimately never followed through and only ate out at the BBQ spot at the airboat place, along with taking out a few treats at the SSR quick service), but I overbought groceries for our unit so we had no chance of going hungry. Plenty of pool time at OKW, and we walked the path to Saratoga Springs a few times.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
We just got back from a no-park trip to OKW. We did Blizzard Beach on one day. If Typhoon Lagoon had been open we definitely would have done it as well, but although we had a fun, full day at BB we didn't really feel like going back for an exact replay. (Three of us have WPFM days left on no-expire tickets, so it only cost us one day's entry for our youngest.) We did an airboat tour and some non-Disney mini golf and a little bit of outlet shopping. We went to Disney Springs once, popped in a few stores, and enjoyed some Coke products at the rooftop bar (I got my Beverly fix!). We did almost no dining out (though I had looked into restaurants on and off site with outdoor seating, but ultimately never followed through and only ate out at the BBQ spot at the airboat place, along with taking out a few treats at the SSR quick service), but I overbought groceries for our unit so we had no chance of going hungry. Plenty of pool time at OKW, and we walked the path to Saratoga Springs a few times.
This sounds very similar to what we are considering, but for the almost no dining out. We're already picking restaurants. :RpS_laugh: