Bags to Carry in the Theme Parks

caradi

I would recommend getting something that looks like it could repel a little rain. If you get caught in a sudden shower or something you would want your stuff inside to stay dry as long as it takes you to get to shelter. Nothing worse than carrying a dry pair of socks in case you get soaked on splash mountain only to have them soaked by rain.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Just a warning about cross body bags. If you're shall we say well endowed, it'll split "the girls" in a rather unflattering way. You'll have pictures of this for years to come. Here's my favourite example of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Yea, that's probably why I've never been a fan of the cross-body style. It looks like a freakin' highway through the mountains!

I would recommend getting something that looks like it could repel a little rain.
The modern lightweight nylon packs do repel rain decently, I also use Nikwax TX Direct http://www.amazon.com/Nikwax-Direct-Spray--Fabric-Repellent/dp/B0019GLADA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357925959&sr=8-2&keywords=nikwax (don't buy it on Amazon, your local sporting goods store will usually have it cheaper). I like this stuff better than the regular silicone waterproofing spray for a few reasons. One, it doesn't smell nearly as gross. Two, fabrics stay feeling nice and soft and not like they've got a waxy buildup.

I get best results on non-waterproof fabrics by spraying the item both inside and out. For backpacks I turn the thing inside out and spray it, then switch and spray again. The TX Direct doesn't have to be dry before you apply again.

CJUERS

Thanks all for a few great laughs!! I've had a rough past few days. Nothing like GI issues along with a relentless headache and chest pains to boot. Yup we had a fun few hours in the er last night. Anyways this thread gave me a few chuckles. Let's hope my scope goes well tomorrow.

Jenn M

This thread has made me laugh. Just had to chime in and say that. POS-Doctork! Too funny! I can appreciate the cross over straps from another well endowed woman. I also have a few of those pictures hidden somewhere! Thanks for the chuckles Everyone!

NiniMorris

For years I LOVED my Baggallinni! Then I had three vertebrae in my neck fused and can no longer carry anything heavy. The next year I did a fanny pack...NOT working. So last year I got a smaller cross body bag from Serendipi D . (Minnie Styled) Perfect, loved it... But I only carry a few items.

Good luck in your search.

Nini

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Yea, that's probably why I've never been a fan of the cross-body style. It looks like a freakin' highway through the mountains!
I don't have that problem :pout:

atlgator57

We used those free drawstring bags you get at running events and those worked great. Very light and easy to carry and open.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Thanks all for a few great laughs!! I've had a rough past few days. Nothing like GI issues along with a relentless headache and chest pains to boot. Yup we had a fun few hours in the er last night. Anyways this thread gave me a few chuckles. Let's hope my scope goes well tomorrow.
BTDT unfortunately. If the chest pain is that bad and feeling like a heart attack (pressure, tightness, shortness of breath, sharp pain, etc) then you've likely got some esephogeal (sp?) spasms going on. Those hurt like a son-of-a-b**ch and feel EXACTLY like heart attacks are described.

With the symptoms you've described in the past and now and other things I think I'm remembering you've said, I really do think it would probably benefit you to give a gluten and dairy free diet a try for a good solid month.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Is that Wyoming? It looks like one of my favorite hikes when I lived there.
Oregon, it's the ridge to the top of Mt. Scott above Crater Lake. Where in Wyoming? We love high desert hikes!

Bunny

We used those free drawstring bags you get at running events and those worked great. Very light and easy to carry and open.
This is what I use when DH and I go - we don't have kids, so I'm only ever carrying my phone, travel wallet, DH's wallet, camera, light sweater/jacket and bandaids. We save souvenir-shopping until the end of the day/trip so we're never carrying too much around.

meremac

You guys are cracking me up! :RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol: Yes, that's FOUR laughing icons. Best part: my daughter heard me laughing and she said, "Are you on those Josh boards again?" Five years old--starting her young!