Bags to Carry in the Theme Parks

JulieS

I highly recommend getting a bag that you know your DH will take his turn at carrying (ie: nothing with sparkly bits, the color pink or anything that remotely resembles a purse).
Agreed! I have a baggallini messenger bag in tan/khaki that I really love. I can pass it to DH without any issues. Not too big, not too small. Can be worn cross body, but I usually sling it over my left shoulder.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I had no idea LeSportSac was still in business! If I get one of those I'll have to dig out my "blondes prefer gentlemen" custom tee shirt, my San Francisco Riding Gear jeans, and my Candies shoes to wear with it.

DaveTheWave

I'm debating if I want to bring my CamelBack this trip. It has pretty decent storage, is smaller than my go to park backpack and gets lighter as the day progresses. It is also skinnier than the backpack.

Now a problem with backpacks for us guys is it can make our man girls look bigger than we like ;)
Sorry about the visual there.

magic1106

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how
For some reason I don't like backpacks for the parks, can't remember why but I know I have tried and it just didn't work out. I prefer cross-body style bags and have tried multiple kinds but they never seem to sit "right." Either cutting into my neck, awkwardly splitting the not very large "girls", or I am constantly readjusting. Does anyone else have this problem and what have you found to work?

cdmurphy727

For some reason I don't like backpacks for the parks, can't remember why but I know I have tried and it just didn't work out. I prefer cross-body style bags and have tried multiple kinds but they never seem to sit "right." Either cutting into my neck, awkwardly splitting the not very large "girls", or I am constantly readjusting. Does anyone else have this problem and what have you found to work?
Fannypack?
:)

Is your cross body bag big? I've found that a small cross body feels better. Or maybe a linger strap?

itsmeamanda

Great post! I have a Baggallini Messenger Bagg that I bought from one Kings Lane a few weeks ago to use for our upcoming (first!) trip. It looks like a great size, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

I love the highway/mountain comment. I've BTDT but thankfully "altered" the mountains years ago. Best thing I've ever done for my body! :)

I make my kids carry their own EpiPens in their own fanny packs. That way if they end up going somewhere with DH, I know their EpiPens go with them. Plus we always carry a minimum of 2 twin packs (one Epi Jr and one regular), plus the two with Epi in their fanny packs also carry inhalers and a spacer. And there's the Benadryl, too. And the oral prednisone pills individually wrapped in foil, just in case.

I still have a double stroller, so I just use a large shoulder bag with a zipper for my bag. I find it's easiest to carry if it's a lot larger than it needs to be, but I have to resist the temptation to put too much stuff in it. I'm definitely in the crowd that has to avoid the cross-body bags.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I love the highway/mountain comment. I've BTDT but thankfully "altered" the mountains years ago. Best thing I've ever done for my body! :)
Wish I could justify the cost of "alteration". I'd love to change these mountains to hills.

615marsh

Fortunately my insurance covered mine! Only had to pay the deductible ($100).
Fantastic! I probably no longer qualify for mine. I lost 60lbs (worked very hard to do it!) after baby #3 and am still fighting the mountains! Even in a healthy weight range, I'm full figured and have equally difficult times finding clothing, maybe more so! Small numbers with big letters are pricey!

Meredith: Thank you for reminding me that I need to double check my bags! I don't think I want to take my diaper bag... but the idea of having everything in the stroller fit into one water-proofed bag is great. So I'm going to have to think and maybe do a little bargain shopping for bags. ;)

misscritta

Husband carries the backpack - kid and I sometimes take on sherpa duty, but he usually doesn't mind. It's a Patagonia (can't remember the style, but it's one of the smaller packs). If I carry a bag, it's a Kavu Keeper. That's the rare cross-body that doesn't give me the aforementioned mountain path treatment. I had a Baggalini. Carried it once. Hated it.

D

dawn

Just a warning about cross body bags. If you're shall we say well endowed, it'll split "the girls" in a rather unflattering way. You'll have pictures of this for years to come. Here's my favourite example of what I'm talking about.
May I say Trudy that there are pictures of me in this type of situation, that's why my hubby always carries the big bag (if we take one) and I have a pouch!!..your so funny!:RpS_lol:

JustOneMoreTime

I have bought a dozen bags over the years for my Disney trips, but I always go back to this one. http://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/donner-shoulder-bag/140202 To me, it is the ultimate park bag. Plenty of room for everything you need, easy to carry and the 2 side pockets are perfect for water bottles!
I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I bought this bag last month (based on your review) for the up-coming trip, but decided to put it into service a bit early to carry my nurse's gear. AWESOME!!! I'll definately use it for Disney, but it's going to get so much use beyond the trip. Thank you so much!!

memphismom

That's the one. Very functional and well organized

Thank you!! I just ordered it.

My family went to the zoo yesterday and my purse just wasn't working. I said to my DH "i need a cross-over bag, that is water resistant, big enough for the camera, snacks and a water bottle, with nice straps." and it looks like this bag is exactly that!!

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I bought this bag last month (based on your review) for the up-coming trip, but decided to put it into service a bit early to carry my nurse's gear. AWESOME!!! I'll definately use it for Disney, but it's going to get so much use beyond the trip. Thank you so much!!
I'm so glad to hear that! I use mine all of the time too.