Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk Not Open?

Lawshark

Hello all...turning 50 at the end of May and thinking that a return to the Happiest Place on Earth (tm) after a fairly long absence might be the best call amidst Covid restrictions on travel abroad. Was really hoping to be outside the Epcot rear gate...but doesn't look like they are available to book? Are they still closed at this time?

bnoble

he's right
This suggests that Beach Club and Boardwalk are closed, but Yacht Club is open:

Perhaps it is not available for all of your dates?

Micah008

Staff member
You could also consider renting a DVC reservation, as the DVC portions of Beach Club and BoardWalk are both open, even though the hotel side is not. It may be too late for that with availability, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Otherwise there is always the Skyliner resorts even though not walking distance they are still close to the back entrance, or you could check out the Swan/Dolphin.

Lawshark

This suggests that Beach Club and Boardwalk are closed, but Yacht Club is open:

Perhaps it is not available for all of your dates?
Long time no see...after something like 10 trips in 7 years...we haven't been back to WDW since 2013...although we have managed a visit to DL since then. :)

I remembered the WDW website being clunky and bad...and it hasn't gotten any better. I kept playing around with the site and did manage to find some availability at Yacht Club...but frankly wondering if Swan/Dolphin would be a better choice. Kids are now 20 and 16...so the magic of the theming isn't quite worth the premium that it used to be.

Also...I guess the other wild card is...just what the heck is really going to be open in late May to validate being in the World Showcase? We always loved that area so that we could duck into Epcot at night...but with limited hours/restaurants/etc...we might be better served to head to Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, etc.

That being said...I'm more of the mind of the Dr. Marty Makary school of thought that this pandemic is coming to a rapid close over the next 30 to 60 days...so maybe things will be more open...

Strangeite

Kids are now 20 and 16...so the magic of the theming isn't quite worth the premium that it used to be.

Also...I guess the other wild card is...just what the heck is really going to be open in late May to validate being in the World Showcase? We always loved that area so that we could duck into Epcot at night...but with limited hours/restaurants/etc...we might be better served to head to Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, etc.
With kids that age, I second Micah's suggestion at looking to rent DVC points for a villa. It will be significantly more space and probably less expensive than Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, etc.

As for World Showcase, when I was there in October, I would say that World Showcase probably felt the most "normal" of all four parks. There were no fireworks and the cast members weren't from the pavilions country but all the kiosks were open, the shops were open and I am pretty sure all of the restaurants were open (we didn't do any indoor dining).

Disneyfan

Hello all...turning 50 at the end of May and thinking that a return to the Happiest Place on Earth (tm) after a fairly long absence might be the best call amidst Covid restrictions on travel abroad. Was really hoping to be outside the Epcot rear gate...but doesn't look like they are available to book? Are they still closed at this time?
You said that you were thinking about a visit. You probably already know that you need a park pass and a ticket. In case you didn't, HS seems to be booked for resort guests for all of May. MK seems to be the second park that looses availability. Anyway, I just wanted to mention it to you. ADRs are hard to secure as well.

Lawshark

You said that you were thinking about a visit. You probably already know that you need a park pass and a ticket. In case you didn't, HS seems to be booked for resort guests for all of May. MK seems to be the second park that looses availability. Anyway, I just wanted to mention it to you. ADRs are hard to secure as well.
Thanks...while I had read about that in the past few months...I had not even started thinking about that part yet. D'oh!

Luckily...MK is by far our least favorite park...but HS would be high on our list.