Sat AK
Sun Free
Mon MK
Tue HS

TIA

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Here's a link to Josh's most recent blog post about this:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/does-it-really-matter-which-day-of-the-week-you-visit-each-walt-disney-world-theme-park/

To cut to the chase, this is it in a nutshell:

As far as the average posted wait is concerned, here’s how each day ranks at each Park, from the day with the lowest waits to the day with the highest:

http://www.easywdw.com/reports16/disney_world_theme_parks_ranked_day_week.jpg

As I’ve mentioned in the past, if you’re planning a “down day,” then Saturday makes the most sense with crowds and wait times higher than any other day. Monday’s higher wait times are due in part to the early year holidays. If you’re planning two days at Epcot, then making one of them a Monday may make some sense. Even if you’re planning just one day, then Monday still may be your best bet. The average wait is five minutes higher than the best day of the week, but with FastPass+ and light weekday crowds in World Showcase, you can still enjoy a great day. If I was planning a week, I’d be looking at:

Sunday: Magic Kingdom
Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: Hollywood Studios
Saturday: Half day – either rope drop to lunch or a late arrival through Park close at your choice of Park, or a day off

That gets you to each Park on one of the three best days of the week, on average, and to Magic Kingdom on its two best days of the week. If you’re looking to prioritize Magic Kingdom less, then you may instead opt to visit Animal Kingdom on the Sunday or Hollywood Studios on the Wednesday.

As always, what you do is a lot more important than the day you do it.

ChristineOH

In order to have a better FP selection for FoP, I'd move AK later in the trip. If it were me, I'd do:
Thur: DS
Fri: Epcot
Sat: Free
Sun: MK
Mon: AK
Tue: DHS

But, that all depends on if you are planning to ride FoP. And if you are offsite, it won't even matter, because doing AK later in the trip won't help you get a FP.

I don't know what type of ticket you have, but what I'd REALLY do was pay they extra $30 or so bucks to upgrade to a six day ticket. I'd go to a park on your DS day and your off day. I'd either do park in the morning or in the evening. Hit a couple rides at rope drop or park close and do your three FP and that's about it. But that's me. I don't enjoy having a whole day where we don't go to the parks at all. For others, it's important to have a day completely off.

MrFredricksen

With GE, DHS is opening at 6am. Given that, are you sure you want to do DHS on your first day if you arrive at midnight? Right now the 6am extra magic hours go up through Nov 2nd, but if there is a chance they extend that, then getting to DHS even at 8am will put you well behind the crowds.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
With GE, DHS is opening at 6am. Given that, are you sure you want to do DHS on your first day if you arrive at midnight? Right now the 6am extra magic hours go up through Nov 2nd, but if there is a chance they extend that, then getting to DHS even at 8am will put you well behind the crowds.
DS = Disney Springs
HS = Hollywood Studios

beachta1

I try to plan AK and HS later into my clients trips for a better opportunity to get SDD and FOP FP!

SnowWhite2

Thanks for the comments. We are DVC so staying on-site. I have no-expiration tickets but I might save them for a later date depending on how many days we do the parks.