Boardwalk to MK via Epcot > Monorail or just take the bus

anricat

We're staying at the Boardwalk in October with park hoppers. I saw someone on another site mention that they like to walk through Epcot to the monorail and take that to MK. Obviously this won't work for rope drop mornings, but we do have two evenings at MK after a rest at our resort. Is that a good option or is sticking with the bus a better choice?

AngiTN

Personally there is more than enough walking on a WDW trip. I am not going to walk more just because. I would never go through Epcot to get to the monorail to get to MK. And that is not a short walk at all. And you have to change monorails. I can't see any appeal to that option vs. a bus.

Micklessor

You would need to have park hoppers and you still have to change monorails at the TTC. The bus is probably your more direct route.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Definitely take the bus. We own DVC at BWV, so that's our usual resort. I've taken the monorail from MK to Epcot then walked to BWV just a couple of times over 12 years of staying at BWV. Once because I wanted lunch at Sunshine Seasons, another to get FP's (in the paper FP days) to use in Epcot that night. It's not a fun walk after walking around MK. Going the other way--BWV, Epcot, monorail, MK--I'd prefer to conserve my steps for walking in MK.

johnhhprop

My kids.like the monorail so we take it back to boardwalk in the afternoon one positive option is having a beer from Canada on the way.

Anne

I agree with bus. The monorail change from Epcot to MK always seems to take more time than I think it should. It ends up being an hour a lot of the time door to door MK to Epcot using the monorail. And then you need to add 30 minutes to walk through Epcot.

anricat

Yikes! Okay, thanks ya'll! I'll stick with the bus. This is our first time at BWV. We're renting points. Super excited!