Boat transportation question

Coacoa

Is it possible to catch a boat from both the POR & POFQ? How long is ride to DD? Does one of the boats go between the two resorts? Thanks for the information!

Coacoa

Thanks Ellie for the site it answered all my questions! Vicki thanks for moving to transpiration it was early this am and I wasn't awake yet when I posted. I love all the people on this site it is so friendly so I feel like I can post!

Canwegosoon

what do we do when we're there?
Thanks Ellie for the site it answered all my questions! Vicki thanks for moving to transpiration it was early this am and I wasn't awake yet when I posted. I love all the people on this site it is so friendly so I feel like I can post!
Coacoa-I am not sure when you are going, but the busier the time, the busier the whole WDW- and that can include boats to DTD. Like the busses, you need to leave extra time(you might not make the first boat). Just Fyi ...I would rather plan on 50 minutes or so and be thrilled arriving in 25 minutes.KWIM If you are adults only- you might not be as stressed with time issues. Hoping you have a great trip!!!

youalleverybody

Definitely allow plenty of time. We waited once for an hour. Four times a boat came that was heading in the other direction, by the time our boat came ther was a huge line and people were yelling at the poor drivers.

It was a weekend, the night before Halloween, so i imagine it was unusually busy and crazy that night. Still....allow plenty of time.

Have fun!

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
There's a great POR/POFQ page that has this info.
http://portorleans.org/ferryboats.php

The boat goes from POR to POFQ to DD and then on the way back DD to POFQ to POR.
About 5 minutes between the two resorts and another 15-20 to DD.
^this, with the caveats given for busy times.

We stay at POR, but if we are leaving the parks and the the POFQ bus line is shorter and/or loading we will often take the POFQ and then take the boat to POR, or just walk along the river. The kids love the boat and the walk is pleasant. Last trip the kids actually preferred to do that then ride the POR bus. :RpS_tongue: