Can you book Fastpass+ times that overlap with your dining reservations?

jbethel77

For example: If I have a Crystal Palace reservation at 9:20am...will My Disney Experience let me make a Fastpass reservation for 10am?
I like the idea of having until 11am for our next ride, but I'm curious if the system will let you overlap times. Or if like dining reservations, you can't have conflicting times.

Thanks

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Yes you can - it will tell you in MDE that the times overlap, but it allows you to make the reservation/FP+ anyway.

Anne

I wasn't able to do the fp/adr overlap but it was back in October 2013 when the system was still in testing phase. So I'm curious how it looks now. When you look for a new time for an existing fp will the drop down menu just show you every single fp time still available for that attraction (excluding the windows for your other 2 fp)? Then give you the warning if the time you select overlaps with an existing ADR?

DopeyRunr

Yep, that's exactly how it works. You still can't book overlapping FP+ times, obviously.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
You still can't book overlapping FP+ times, obviously.
I'm surprised they haven't changed this, at least to a situation where you can overlap part of your FP+ windows. BTMRR and Splash are a good example of where this would work great. I would want to ride both back-to-back so I'm "done" with that area of MK, but I can't get a BTMRR FP+ for say 1:00pm to 2:00pm and Splash from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. I wonder if they'll ever allow this...

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I'm surprised they haven't changed this, at least to a situation where you can overlap part of your FP+ windows. BTMRR and Splash are a good example of where this would work great. I would want to ride both back-to-back so I'm "done" with that area of MK, but I can't get a BTMRR FP+ for say 1:00pm to 2:00pm and Splash from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. I wonder if they'll ever allow this...
I get around that by planning my arrival to a certain area toward the end of the first FP window. Then once I finish that one, it's on to the next one right away in quick succession.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
I get around that by planning my arrival to a certain area toward the end of the first FP window. Then once I finish that one, it's on to the next one right away in quick succession.
We do too, it's just the IT software developer in me that questions why the system is designed as such, and the possible logic (quite simple IMHO) that would be needed to "fix" the situation. All in due time I suppose...

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
We do too, it's just the IT software developer in me that questions why the system is designed as such, and the possible logic (quite simple IMHO) that would be needed to "fix" the situation. All in due time I suppose...
If that happened, however, the initial three FPP times would run out sooner, and the additional FPPs would be harder to come by. Not that I'd complain, of course, but it's probably what management wants to avoid.

DopeyRunr

If that happened, however, the initial three FPP times would run out sooner, and the additional FPPs would be harder to come by. Not that I'd complain, of course, but it's probably what management wants to avoid.
Sounds reasonable. But it could also just be one of those "once the system is fully implemented we'll revisit" kind of ideas, along with being able to book 4th FP+ from the phone rather than waiting at a kiosk.

FPs @7am today. Just double checking to make sure I can overlap my BOG breakfast ADR with a FP :D

Thanks for your help from 5 years ago. Back then we were speculating FP+ and MagicBands, today Skyliner.

Wonder what it'll be 5 yrs from now?

3dadknight

Yes. You can overlap dining with FP’s. It may give you a warning about the overlap but does not prevent you from booking.

Yes. You can overlap dining with FP’s. It may give you a warning about the overlap but does not prevent you from booking.
Thank you, much appreciated. I procrastinated until the last day before making FPs to cancel 2 morning ADRs and got worried when the system wasn't working for cancellations.