Canceling hotel days...what does this do to FP+ selections?

lync

We are going to Orlando for a tournament and haven't decided if we are staying onsite during the tournament. If we decide to switch to offsite for the first few days of our trip but keep the second half (when we are doing Disney), will we still have our FP+ selections? In other words, can we modify our hotel reservation and it not mess with our FP+ and ADR's? I hope this makes sense...
TIA

Anne

It is hard to modify hotel reservations these days. If you keep the same reservation number you will kerp the FPs for the days you still have onsite. But often they cancel and rebook a hotel reservation if you drop days. For this reason if I thought I was likely not going to be onsite the whole vacation I would probably book my hotel as 2 separate stays. Then if I kept both I would make a room request to stay in the same room the 2nd half.

If you cancel the first half you may lose the FP on the check out/check in day, at least that happened to us for a stay last summer within minutes of canceling the resort reservation.

Nothing will happen to your ADRs.

lync

It is hard to modify hotel reservations these days. If you keep the same reservation number you will kerp the FPs for the days you still have onsite. But often they cancel and rebook a hotel reservation if you drop days. For this reason if I thought I was likely not going to be onsite the whole vacation I would probably book my hotel as 2 separate stays. Then if I kept both I would make a room request to stay in the same room the 2nd half.

If you cancel the first half you may lose the FP on the check out/check in day, at least that happened to us for a stay last summer within minutes of canceling the resort reservation.

Nothing will happen to your ADRs.
Thank you so much for your help. I think i will just book the first half offsite. I would hate to lose my FP+!