CBR Preferred

bnoble

he's right
I liked CBR more than I thought I would
It's been a while, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Moderates too. If I were on an all-cash stay, I'd find a Mod pretty tempting.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
It's been a while, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Moderates too. If I were on an all-cash stay, I'd find a Mod pretty tempting.
We LOVE Coronado, but with rates routinely $280-$350, I'd much rather rent points and stay DVC somewhere for less (assuming I was paying cash).

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
We LOVE Coronado, but with rates routinely $280-$350, I'd much rather rent points and stay DVC somewhere for less (assuming I was paying cash).
We had a really nice stay at Coronado, pre-Gran Destino days. Easy parking, good MK bus service (which is generally the only time we use the bus), more "mature" room, etc.

I also, through circumstances not exciting enough to share here, ended up at POFQ for an evening, which was very pleasant. Its small size, lovely theming, and central location were its strong points.

DopeyRunr

Is that pre-discount, or post-? (It's been a while since I've looked at prices...)
Those are from my notes, 2019 so pre-COVID, using whatever room-only discounts were available back then. Looking now, the rack rates in November at CSR and CBR are in that same ballpark, so maybe a little lower if there's a promotion available.

DopeyRunr

We had a really nice stay at Coronado, pre-Gran Destino days. Easy parking, good MK bus service (which is generally the only time we use the bus), more "mature" room, etc.

I also, through circumstances not exciting enough to share here, ended up at POFQ for an evening, which was very pleasant. Its small size, lovely theming, and central location were its strong points.
Yes we had a great stay at POFQ (we LOVE New Orleans) but that resort is so small and so desirable it seems to always be excluded from discounts.

Micah008

Staff member
One day we got to the CBR skyliner station at 7:40 am (9 am DHS opening), and we arrived at DHS before the line to the right-side temperature check had opened (i.e., we could have stalled a bit and been at the front of the right-side temperature check line).
It is strange how they are doing this now at RD before the temp checks open, filling in the left-side first and then some later groups to arrive just get "lucky" and end up right at the front on the right-side. Stalling until you see the right-side open is probably a good strategy unless you are towards the very front of the left.
(Even on the left-side there is a little strategy of which line you get in, since one line is for 2 temp check stations, where the others are just for 1, so one of the lines moves twice as quick)

By the way, anyone staying at Riviera can follow this same advice about walking over to the CBR Skyliner station early, which is better than waiting in line for the actual Riviera station to open and then having to transfer (forced to get into the now longer CBR line).

hizouse

We paid an average of $260 per night, all-in including taxes, for a 5-person non-preferred CBR room during a spring break week last month. That was with a 25% discount.

We stayed at POFQ in October 2016 and loved it. We were a 4-person family then.

(Even on the left-side there is a little strategy of which line you get in, since one line is for 2 temp check stations, where the others are just for 1, so one of the lines moves twice as quick)
If only we had known! It was the far left line, which we weren't in, that had the 2 stations. It still went pretty quick. The new security scanners make the entrance process much smoother also.

By the way, anyone staying at Riviera can follow this same advice about walking over to the CBR Skyliner station early, which is better than waiting in line for the actual Riviera station to open and then having to transfer (forced to get into the now longer CBR line).
Good tip; that could easily save 15+ minutes in busy times when the line at CBR winds down and up one ramp and then down the other and around the corner. If staying at Aruba at CBR, when going to DHS, take the longer walk to the CBR skyliner station instead of the Riviera station, too, but go to Riviera to get to Epcot more quickly. A related tip is that when staying at CBR, you can take a bus back to Riviera and either walk or take the Skyliner to CBR, at least if you're in Aruba or Jamaica.