Change of Plan - Thoughts?

BSS

So, I've had the plan for our trip set for weeks/months. I had it all figured out. I got the FP+ we want at the times we want. Fantastic! Then they announced Toy Story Land EMM, which I booked, but now I can't decide what to do with one of our mornings.

Our current plan is below as are my thoughts about the morning in question. It is just me and DS20 so we have stamina, flexibility and can move around efficiently. We're staying at Pop.

Tuesday, October 2
  • Arrive MCO 9:40am (we'll need to be up at 5am); DME to Pop to drop cary ons
  • MK: Splash 12:30-1:30, BTMRR 1:30-2:30, 7DMT 2:30-3:30 - we will plan to ride 7DMT right at 2:30 then leave the park to go back and rest a bit and unpack
  • Epcot EMH: Some of World Showcase before close and then ride what we want/can during EMH - same night last year we rode Test Track just before close and Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Figment and Frozen during EMH (plus we ate during EMH, so we should be able to get in one more ride this time)

Wednesday, October 3

• 7:30am Toy Story EMM (is 7am arrival early enough? We've not done EMM before)
  • 9am eat breakfast; then head to Epcot
  • Epcot: Figment 9:40-10:40, Spaceship Earth 10:40-11:40, Test Track 11:40-12:40 (originally we were going to RD Soarin', but we won't be able to make that and that's okay. I love it, but DS just tolerates it. We will be sure to do it the night before. If we miss Figment here we'll live.)
  • Back to Pop for afternoon break
  • DHS: 6:00 50s Prime Time, Star Wars Fireworks - we'll try to snag a FP+ after we scan in at Test Track at midday for something in DHS either right before or right after dinner

Thursday, October 4 - Need input

• Currently scheduled to head to DHS (planned before EMM): 9:05-10:05 RnR, 10:05-11:05 Toy Story, 11:05-12:05 Star Tours - it seems likely that we will be able to do RnR or Star Tours the night before. I considered moving Epcot, but this is EMH morning there and it would be our 3rd early morning plus we have a late night this night. We were planning to arrive at the tail end of the RnR window. I can come up with pros and cons of putting any park here, so I would love your thoughts. TSM is probably DS's favorite ride so that's an argument for leaving it alone.
  • Afternoon break
  • 4:35 Liberty Tree Tavern then MNSSHP

Friday, October 5
  • Sleep in, late breakfast, whatever sounds good at the moment - might go to Epcot just to eat lunch
  • AK: 4:50-5:50 Kali River Rapids, 5:55-6:55 Safari, 6:55-7:55 FOP. We will fit in Dinosaur and ITTBAB and might hop in the NRJ line after FOP.

Saturday, October 6
  • DHS: RD A2S, then TSM, RnR 10:05-11:05, 11:10 Sci Fi Dine-in, 11:45-12:45 Star Tours, 12:55-1:55 SDD - we will ride right at 12:55 then take a break
  • MK: 5:00 BOG, then whatever we can get FP for as well as Tiki Room Carousel of Progress & soak up our last evening in MK

Sunday, October 7
  • AK: RD NRJ, 9:45-10:45 FOP, 10:45-11:45 Dinosaur
  • DME at 1:00 for our 4pm flight home - exhausted and happy!

So what would you do with Thursday morning? I'm toying with MK because there is never enough MK....right?

hizouse

I'd drop DHS on Thursday like it was a hot potato. If you want an extra ride there, sneak it in after EMM. I'd probably rest in the morning and make FP+ before the early dinner reservation.

cboyer

I agree with dropping DHS on that morning. I would probably lean towards MK because you don't have a MK morning yet. In fact, I might plan arrival day a little differently as a result. Plan a rest, then just EP that evening/EMH and skip MK, use the FPs at EP (you can get your Soarin' in there with a FP and Figment instead of the day you are doing EMM), then do MK on Thursday morning with some FPs. It would make your arrival day a lot less hectic.

BSS

I agree with dropping DHS on that morning. I would probably lean towards MK because you don't have a MK morning yet. In fact, I might plan arrival day a little differently as a result. Plan a rest, then just EP that evening/EMH and skip MK, use the FPs at EP (you can get your Soarin' in there with a FP and Figment instead of the day you are doing EMM), then do MK on Thursday morning with some FPs. It would make your arrival day a lot less hectic.

That is what we did last year except that our arrival was later in the day, but we managed to get one FP in at Epcot and EMH and did MK Thursday morning and MNSSHP that night and it was all great. My main reason for planning to do something arrival afternoon is that the room may not be ready with our early arrival. Also, DS will want to get on a ride asap...he's not much for sitting around. It's definitely something to consider, though.

As someone who is visiting Magic Kingdom four times on her upcoming trip, I would DEFINITELY change out that morning in question with Magic ;) But to each their own! I'm sure whatever you do you'll have a lovely time!

BSS

As someone who is visiting Magic Kingdom four times on her upcoming trip, I would DEFINITELY change out that morning in question with Magic ;) But to each their own! I'm sure whatever you do you'll have a lovely time!

If it was just me going I could just spend all my days at MK and most of my nights at Epcot and be perfectly happy.

Thanks for the input. You are right that we will have a lovely time no matter what. Having a wild card morning at Disney isn't exactly a problem. :RpS_biggrin:

BSS

I'd drop DHS on Thursday like it was a hot potato. If you want an extra ride there, sneak it in after EMM. I'd probably rest in the morning and make FP+ before the early dinner reservation.

I just have to tell you that your avatar makes me read every one of your posts in Mr. Fredrickson's voice in my head.

Last edited: