"Change" with fast pass policy

bnoble

he's right
I have never heard this much "chatter" about it for this long of a period of time...........
Cast Members hear (and repeat) rumors just like guests do. Thanks to the Internet, (which some CMs read), rumors have a way of spreading like wildfire even when they have no basis in fact.

Josh is right. Fancy new XPass might change the way things work for some as-yet-unknown reason, but otherwise I can't see it happening. If late returns were such a problem, they'd be a bigger problem at Disneyland---the crowd mix there is much more "local", and the locals are more likely to know the score on late returns, and to use them.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Cast Members hear (and repeat) rumors just like guests do. Thanks to the Internet, (which some CMs read), rumors have a way of spreading like wildfire even when they have no basis in fact.

Josh is right. Fancy new XPass might change the way things work for some as-yet-unknown reason, but otherwise I can't see it happening. If late returns were such a problem, they'd be a bigger problem at Disneyland---the crowd mix there is much more "local", and the locals are more likely to know the score on late returns, and to use them.
I was just going to say this same thing about DLR. I've noticed that the FP lines there are always longer in the evening then earlier in the day. The few people there who actually use FP tend to use them late and there has never been any talk that I've heard about that changing. Nor have I heard of anyone who has any issues with it. It seems like it is only those going to WDW who have issues with late FPs.

famouschinesecontroller

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her
Yeah, but my fear is that this board is going to disintegrate into something resembling that other board.( The only thread over there I follow is the Shades of Green thread, as that is the only reliable info on that) . Let's all rally round, and follow our leader; who I suspect is pretty much an expert. Until Josh gets excited about something; I'm pretty sure it's not worth any effort on my part.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Yeah, but my fear is that this board is going to disintegrate into something resembling that other board.( The only thread over there I follow is the Shades of Green thread, as that is the only reliable info on that) . Let's all rally round, and follow our leader; who I suspect is pretty much an expert. Until Josh gets excited about something; I'm pretty sure it's not worth any effort on my part.
I honestly believe that as long as Josh stays active on these boards and sets the tone.....we will never have to worry about this board turning into that "other" board.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
As long as we don't degenerate to:

Person 1: YOU'RE DUMB!
Person 2: No, you're stupid!
Person 1: YOU'RE DUMB!
Person 2: No, you're stupid!

I think we're okay.

Nothing wrong with discussing FASTPASS policy and the possible ramifications of a change. It seems to me like FASTPASS enforcement is unnecessary and borderline impossible to implement. But you never know. Disney has tried to do dumber things in the past.

RebeccaMcK

carries her own pineapple juice
I won't worry about it. If their policy on FPs ever does change (and it will be news to some people who never even knew FPs worked this way to begin with - being accepted late, etc.) it'll be officially announced, maybe, and then we'll all adapt.