Changing Avatar

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I'm trying to change my picture on my profile. I have no problem uploading the photo I want but when I hit "Save Changes" I get a message that the upload failed. I've even tried resizing the photo but I still get the upload failed message.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a link to what you want to change it to?

No problem changing mine.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
What most message boards call an avatar, this site calls a "profile picture." Try changing that.

jillyb

Do you have a link to what you want to change it to?

No problem changing mine.
It is my profile picture on my Facebook page, which I had downloaded and saved to my computer. I'll see if I can get a link.

Micah008

Staff member
The Profile Picture here is just for your profile page (if you click on your user name in the upper right). The Avatar is the picture that shows up on each post you make. Both can be changed through Settings.

I would guess you are running into the rule: "The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller)." so you may need to resize before you can use it.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The Profile Picture here is just for your profile page (if you click on your user name in the upper right). The Avatar is the picture that shows up on each post you make. Both can be changed through Settings.

I would guess you are running into the rule: "The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller)." so you may need to resize before you can use it.
Oh, I guess I got that in reverse!

jillyb

Yes, that is the issue. I've resized it several times and still got the message. I'll have to play around with it some more.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
If you link me to the picture you want I can see about manually setting it. Something is wrong with that entry in the database. I'm not sure what.

jillyb

If you link me to the picture you want I can see about manually setting it. Something is wrong with that entry in the database. I'm not sure what.
Okay. Will try when I'm not on my phone.

jillyb

Well, the issue seems to be resolved since the picture I was trying to use is now my avatar lol.