Cheat Sheet - Feedback?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
You can copy/paste from a .pdf (as long as text is saved as text), or just print the pages you want.

Marianna

At first I thought it odd that you chose to capitalize the FP attractions on the map rather than just putting a FP next to them, but it makes sense as I read down the guide.I'd like to see a header for your expected wait times pages. It took me a second to recognize what I was looking at. :) Then the lightbulb flicketed in the dark...hahahaThese are minor issues though, Josh. It's really great. I'll certainly use it! For me, the colors seemed fine and the map was easy to read on my phone.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I can't imagine trying to navigate that map on a 4" phone screen. I guess I could have the map be separate, but I liked the idea of it being a package you could just download and print what you wanted.

The idea with the links on a post was that you could easily look at the PDF document or if you wanted more information, you could browse the site easier if there were links to other things of interest. Like if you had no idea what the Safari was or what was on the menu for Flame Tree, it would be easier to find that out if you could click a link. Sort of how like Mr. Noble was suggesting a starting off point and if you wanted to know more about something, you could click here and there to find out.

This is fabulous!!!!! The only suggestion I might have would be the color scheme. Perhaps keep all the attractions within the same color, just the priorities be different shades (just like how you did the dining options).

I like the thought of the clickable links. Even though most people will just save off the .pdf, the links would be great for some "advanced" planning.

The only other thing I would suggest would be to put the easywdw logo on each page. While it wouldn't take someone with a graphics art degree to remove it from copies, it would deter some other websites from stealing it.

Those, however, are just moot points. If you published it just like this, it would still be great!!!

Marianna

Absolutely. I already have your site bookmarked so that I can reference your reviews. Makes it much easier having the links right there.

Yes, a smaller screen might be difficult, but I see more and more people using Ipads these days.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh lawd, if I saw someone looking at the map in the park on an iPad I would "accidentally" knock them over.

I love it! Very easy to follow and I'll be printing off the crowd level/wait time and putting notes to the side to indicate the touring plan.

HBandPB'smom

I had to register after lurking around for weeks just to tell you that I love this cheatsheet! For a total newbie like me, this is wonderful and I wish I had seen this before I gave TP $12 for something far more confusing.

adrienne a

Genius! I do have one question. Are we expecting this to all be different when FP+ rolls out? I just wonder if you will have to re-do everything at that time! I guess the old fast pass system will still be available if people choose? Thanks for everything Josh!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I'm hoping these don't take very long to write up. Like a day or two. And change is inevitable. It's either write something now or deal with another three months of:

Where are the touring plans?

This is at least something.

gccmedina

wonderful I was actually getting ready to make my plans for august then post, now i am going to print out your stuff and that will answer most of my questions. I do have to ask what do you do for a living? I am hoping you are making a ton of money by doing all of this for us and if you aren't you should be. I am going to pour us a glass of wine right now to toast you, no need to toast back I will drink both glasses...

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
This is something that I absolutely would print off. I don't have an iPhone so I would, indeed, use hard copies. It's perfect for that "I've got 15 minutes, what should I do?" time. Or if you're in WDW and plans change for some reason someone like me who needs a plan but isn't a WDW expert would at least be able to whip something up on the fly. LOVE!

I would probably print the map 8.5x11 but shrink the text to fit on the back of my map print out.

adrienne a

Yeah, but I'm hoping these don't take very long to write up. Like a day or two. And change is inevitable. It's either write something now or deal with another three months of:

Where are the touring plans?

This is at least something.
Well, we appreciate it! And we look forward to the updated versions after FP+ kicks in! :)

TheTraveler

I think the chart would be something useful...maybe not for in the park use....but itinerary and/or touring planning.not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet, but I think adding a similar chart with expected/typical Fastpass return times for each fast pass attraction for various crowd levels/ recommendation levels. The map really doesn't do much for me...might be better to make a map for recommended touring strategy...one for mornings... And one for late arrivals/afternoon touring. Maybe a third for evening/ late night touring. Maybe just overlaying some numbered circles in the sequence that is recommended....and different colors for different times of day...red for morning touring...green for afternoon/ late arrival touring... And purple/blue for late evening touring.

rproctor

Representing color blind individuals and laser printer owners, augmenting the color coding with a pattern of some sort would not hurt our collective feelings.

Micah008

Staff member
Looks awesome. This will especially be great to have the "official" Ideal Morning plans posted somewhere.

My first thought was that the yellow and green looked too similar, so I think it would be worth choosing some different colors that have more contrast.