Childless (very old) millennials would love some itinerary feedback

claytonia

Hey y'all! I have recently booked a trip for my sister and myself, along with our respective fellas. We are all in our late 30's; my sister and I are both WDW nerds but the guys, not so much. Nobody is a first-timer though. We're staying at Pop from 7/28-8/4 and are prepared to battle the rain and heat with a combination of afternoon breaks, theater-based attractions, and copious amounts of baby powder. (And beer of course.) We are coming up on time to book ADR's, although I'm not really worried about anything except BOG. We all love the parks at night, so this plan is intended to maximize late nights over early mornings when possible. Tell me whatcha think:

Tue 7/28 -
  • flight arrives from NC around 3:00; taking ME to Pop
  • Epcot for 3 FP's, San Angel dinner, and EMH
Wed 7/29 -
  • sleep in, have brunch at Kona, bum around monorail resorts
  • MK for 3 FP's, Skipper Canteen dinner, and EMH
Thu 7/30 -
  • MK for 3 FP's, anytime attractions, and BOG lunch
  • afternoon break, return to MK for HEA
Fri 7/31 -
  • RD DHS and follow whatever Josh's instructions are for the first morning of a 2-day plan; I may have them tattooed on my wrist
  • lunch or dinner at Prime Time, afternoon break, return for nighttime GE and Toy Story touring
Sat 8/1 -
  • RD Epcot (if necessary, depending on how the EMH goes on the first night...but probably)
  • afternoon break, return to Epcot for Monsieur Paul and Harmonious (I'm assuming)
Sun 8/2 -
  • RD AK and check the tattoo on my other wrist for Josh's 1-day AK plan
  • lunch at Satu'li, afternoon break and return for Rivers of Light and to see Pandora at night
Mon 8/3 -
  • DHS for 3 FP's but no RD (unless absolutely necessary, like we didn't get to do RotR on our first DHS day)
  • afternoon break, return for Fantasmic
Tue 8/4 -
  • MK for 3 FP's, crying, and shopping; perhaps also some Disney Springs time
  • ME to the airport, flight leaves at 8:20
My primary thoughts were to avoid morning EMH parks, make sure that AK and DHS were not at the beginning of the trip to give us a better shot at FP's, and give us lots of time in the parks at night. And of course breaks, or at least the option for breaks. Did I do a good job?

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
Assuming RotR is still using BG's (a good bet), the challenge will be the flexibility on that day depending on what BG you get and the ride reliability. You may or may not be able to take a midday break if you BG is set for the PM, depending upon what else you want to do. Or you just may need to cut the break short if you're BG gets called. Flexibility is key on any DHS day attempting to ride RotR.

claytonia

Assuming RotR is still using BG's (a good bet), the challenge will be the flexibility on that day depending on what BG you get and the ride reliability. You may or may not be able to take a midday break if you BG is set for the PM, depending upon what else you want to do. Or you just may need to cut the break short if you're BG gets called. Flexibility is key on any DHS day attempting to ride RotR.
Very good advice, thank you! Luckily DHS has enough shows and things to keep us in the AC for awhile if we're not able to go nap, or we can just go sit at Baseline if we think we can listen to Sheryl Crow sing Metallica covers for more than a few minutes. ;) Now to decide if we want to build droids and lightsabers and stuff! 💸

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
FWIW, the procedure changed slightly again today. Looks like your return time can be one hour or two hours, you will know when your BG gets called. Today the early morning BG's were one hour return. The later morning and afternoon appeared to be 2 hours. Something else to monitor going forward.