College Football!

Husker Mouse

staying at best friends pet care while her dogs en
Yes! It has finally begun!! Bring on Sports Center and pass the nachos!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I've got the Wisconsin game on. All of today's games are pretty terrible, but tomorrow's TCU/Baylor game should be good and there are a couple good ones on Saturday (obviously LSU/Oregon and Georgia/Boise State).

I'll start updating the site again in the second week of January.

Husker Mouse

LOL! That is when I will get back to a clean house!! Saturday morning cleanings are gone-game day preparations have taken their place! We are watching Wisconsin, too. Nu goes into Badger stadium on Oct.1st. Makes me nervous.......

josh

Administrator
Staff member
"Nu" is somehow shorthand for the Huskers I assume?

I am originally from Seattle..don't want to remind you about last year's bowl game. Okay, I do.

That said, I'm terrified to see this year's game @ Nebraska.

This Louisville game looks half decent at the moment at least. On ESPNU.

famouschinesecontroller

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her
Don't even get me started. My husband's ENTIRE family went to University of Alabama. Every, single, one of their houses is decorated in crimson,white and houdstooth. Guess where my daughter is a sophomore? Going to Tuscaloosa in 2 weeks for parents weekend. In the meantime, I think we may have purchased the SEC package through COMCAST. Not sure, since prob all the gamesnwill be broadcast. Lord, help us all. Sorry for spelling errors. Working on an iPad and there is a steep learning curve.

Husker Mouse

What bowl game......oh. that one! We really don't know how good we are this year. We have a lot of questions.....we will see how those are answered. However, Washington will find that we love football here and welcome teams and their fans. It will be a good game, but as the saying goes...Not In Our House!!! I am so glad that Nuehisel (sp) isn't there anymore. I can't stand him. You should come to Lincoln for the Nebraska-Washington game!!! Now that would be worth blogging about! We could introduce you to Husker football. I am sure others will find it interesting.....:RpS_tongue::flypig:

Husker Mouse

Well, I know I may be living in Fantasyland thinking of New Orleans. I am hoping this year will be an Adventureland for us as we will be forging into a new Frontierland this year in the Big Ten. I hope we won't have to wait for Tomorrowland as this will take too long. I guess we will try to stay on the Main Street and hope we aren't just a Cinderella team! Yes, I guess there is a new park being built there! I think it is called Huskerland!

Husker Mouse

Well, since I have been up since about 2 this morning fretting over going to F&W, I think I will hold off on my burrito dog until Saturday! My first graders are all wearing their Husker shirts to school tomorrow. I have football cookies and Husker tatoos for everyone. During football season I always end our Fridays with Nebraska cheers and chants reverberating in our room and hallways. They are all so excited for their first football Friday! Ahhhhh, Life is Good! Go Big Red! Good luck to your teams, too-unless they are playing Nebraska!

peachygreen

not going to be flippant...unless...
So happy today was the start of College Football season! And even more happy that my Yellow Jackets Won their game (easily) tonight!

bigdaddybyrd

I love college football. I live in a house divided. My wife was born in Alabama and is a die hard Crimson Tide fan. I've bought her more houndstooth crap than I'd care to admit because I'm a good husband. I was born in Texas, but grew up mostly in Arkansas so I am a Razorback through and through! The week of the Arkansas v. Alabama game my wife and I find it best not to speak to each other that much. Wooo Pig Soooiieee!!!! Go Hogs!!

Bil

GO DUCKS!! Did my BA at Oregon, did my MS at Oregon and now I work for Oregon! I've been a Donald Duck fan since I was a baby, now I root for his team!

MaddiesMom

no longer forgets her undies
I live about 20 minutes north of tOSU (Dublin is a Columbus 'burb). And can I just tell you how much I loathe the Buckeyes? It is almost sacrelige here to admit that out loud. But I've been for the Irish since I was a teeny tiny princess. I work with a former Irish and NFL lineman, and I am SO lucky to get to talk ball with someone that isn't all ZOMG BUCKEYES THEY RAWK WOOT!!1! LOL

I also have followed Boise State since about 2005. It's been amazing to see them go from a little school in the middle of nowhere to a "power" school.

It's the most wonderful time of the year ... football season.

Bernie2003

My husband is from Nebraska, so I'm surrounded by Husker football the entire fall. Actually, all year round considering when we finished our basement we paid a TREMENDOUS amount of money for Husker pool table and bar lights, not to mention our pool table itself with the Husker red felt.

Kind of awkward considering we live in Mizzou Tiger country. Luckily I wasn't a college football fan, otherwise I'm not sure how this marriage would have worked.

I should have lots of time to plan our disney vacation these next few months since I probably won't see or interact with him at all until after the season is over...