"Connecting rooms (guaranteed)" in online check in

Anne

I am confused by my online check in. We have 2 standard beach club rooms. I went to do online check in for the first time today. I did not intend to do any online room requests and was going to phone with my request (as it sounds from other reports that those get looked at before the online check in requests). I logged in just to update the credit card information. For both rooms "connecting rooms (guaranteed)" was already selected and grey'd out so it couldn't be changed and then there was a second drop down menu where we could make another request. When I made the initial reservation I made the connecting room request. So is this their way of pre-populating the online check in so we don't make a lot of additional requests? Our only other request is to have a large balcony, but even that isn't essential. I've read lots of things about not doing the online request if you are going to do a phone request. But since they've already pre-populated the choice do I still call? Do I pick "large balcony" from the drop down and hope for the best? Do I select large balcony and still call?

nolarookie

Ok, we went one time and got connecting room with my SIL. We had a travel agent who advised us NOT to do online check-in, but rather reiterate the request when the first party arrived to check in. This was about a year ago, so I don't know if things have changed or not.

Anne

I tried to ask the phone CM why the online check in said "connecting (guaranteed)" when she was telling me by phone it couldn't be guaranteed because we had "too many adults". She had no idea what I was talking about. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised and should be resigned to this by now. But I still find it frustrating that no one can give me a reliable answer when I call. As of now I have given my 2 requests to the person by phone (who I don't quite trust) and have not filled anything in online myself (although the connecting request is still there and not something I have control over).