Coronado Springs vx. Carribean Beach Resort

lks1165

Hi

Has anyone stayed at either resort.. If so can you tell me the pros and cons you found in the Hotel.. I am trying to decide which one to stay at..
thanks so much

D

Deleted member 519

We've stayed at CBR once, it was our first trip, it was ok. Our kids, who were 5 and 3 at the time really enjoyed the feature pool. There is a younger kids water area with several slides coming off a feature in the shape of a pirate ship. the main pool is zero entry and has two water slides, which my kids also thoroughly enjoyed. We stayed in Jamaica 46 and had a short walk to the closest bus stop and Old Port Royale without paying preferred prices. The TS restaurant there is pretty bad, poor rendition of carribean food, with the exception of the tres leches cake, which was pretty good. The food court offers basic resort food court stuff. The food was our biggest gripe. And the double beds. There were four of us, so it was little snug in those rooms.

I haven't stayed at CSR, but from what I've heard, the rooms are a bit larger. There is an actual door separating the bathroom areas in the rooms from the rest of the room whereas CBR has a curtain. They have queen beds. I've heard the feature pool, I think it's called the dig site, is really nice. I think there is also a convention center attached, so the property is pretty large (CBR is large too). The food court get good reviews, but I think it's pricier, which you may want to consider.

Hope this was helpful.

beachta1

I stayed at the cbr and really enjoyed it. We were in Aruba so not far from old port Royale but we only ever went there to pick up an item we has shipped to the hotel. We also never ate there.

We are going back in January and staying at Coronado. The food options and queen beds made us change hotels.

I would recommend cbr but since we are running the half marathon and will be spending more time at the resort, we thought Coronado was a better fit this time around.

F

fizboBunny

Is it true you can't fill your own mug at the CSR food court?

Tinkerkell

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!
You can fill your own mug at the little place where they sell pastries/snacks at CSR, but not inside Pepper Market. You can give your mug to the server and they will fill it for you. Unlike at other resorts, they will also refill your mug at the CSR pool in the afternoon.

CSR = queen beds, a gym and a spa, largest hot tub, more food options. I haven't stayed at CBR. If I'm paying for a moderate resort, I want queen beds.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Queen beds all the way for me. Also, I like the location of CSR more, as it's more "centered" on the property and located in a much less traveled location, so that means quicker commute times to more places where I want to be, either by bus or car. The food options also look a lot better at CSR, and I prefer the theming there too. CSR wins for me in every category.

cboyer

I haven't stayed at CBR, but CSR has become our favorite. Love the theme, the pool, the queen beds, etc. Plus, I love the fact it is a convention resort. Last year there was a conference going on while we were there, and while occassionally we ran into them, for the most part the schedules of a touring family and the conventioners are very different. This made the hotel feel so empty. Early in the morning the bus stops were not crowded (conventioners still sleeping), afternoon break times the pool was dead (conventioners in meetings), etc. There are actually two different conferences going on this year when we are there. But, others don't like a conference hotel. its just personal preference.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
I've stayed at both. I prefer CSR for all the reasons above - queen beds, theming, sold door separating the bathroom area, food court, pool area. It's a beautiful resort. People comment about the large size, but we were fairly close to the pool, food court and a bus stop.

KristinaRN

I've stayed at both. I prefer CSR for all the reasons above - queen beds, theming, sold door separating the bathroom area, food court, pool area. It's a beautiful resort. People comment about the large size, but we were fairly close to the pool, food court and a bus stop.
What building were you in?

cboyer

We haven't stayed at CBR, but have stayed at CSR twice and love it. Until CBR gets queen beds I won't stay there, it is just not comfortable to sleep in a double bed with my daughter. We've stayed at the cabana's, great location, loved the theming, the pool area is a lot of fun for DD, so is the playground.

We have stayed at both and both were great. We prefer CSR. I know it's still "big", but I don't mind walking from the back of the property to the front at CSR. For some reason I found it longer and less interesting at Carribbean. We like the pool, layout, rooms at CSR. I prefer the food at CBR, however! (CSR is my least favorite for restaurants)

jhalpin76

owes it all to duffy
We stayed at both and prefer CSR. In CSR, we were in Casitas 4. It was the first bus stop and right by the quiet pool. In CBR, we were in a preferred room. The location was great, I just didn't like the quality of the rooms.

paulam19

I have stayed at both. Liked CSR better. As most said, the bigger beds were great. I also preferred the pool at CSR to the one at CBR.