Day at HS in late April

chelsea1317

After not going to Disney this year (the first year we haven't gone since 2013!), my mom and I are headed back at the end of April. Right now our day at HS is planned for Friday, April 24. We haven't been to HS since early 2017, so we're thrilled to experience Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge for the first time -- and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, apparently!

Anyway, I basically just wanted to vent that not being able to plan our itinerary for that day very well yet is driving me crazy...not knowing when FP for MMRR will be able to be booked (assuming it will have FP right away unlike the GE rides), not knowing how that ride will affect touring in general, not knowing what in the world will be going on with Rise and Smuggler's Run by that time... One good thing is that we never ride ToT or RnRC, so that's two e-tickets we won't have to worry about fitting in. I know it's still about four months away, but I love to over-plan! 😬 I'm just doing my best based on the info that's out right now and I'll adjust as we learn more. Just wanted to share my excitement and frustration 🙃

kate81

I totally just planned out our days at HS for August. I'm kind of assuming I'll have to rework them entirely, but I planned everything else and wanted to have at least something for that park. Although, I am thinking I may plan for a FP for MMRR (and two other things, of course) on our rest day, arrival day, or departure day. Just to give us a little wiggle room since there are so many popular attractions we want to hit.

smwisc

After not going to Disney this year (the first year we haven't gone since 2013!), my mom and I are headed back at the end of April. Right now our day at HS is planned for Friday, April 24. We haven't been to HS since early 2017, so we're thrilled to experience Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge for the first time -- and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, apparently!

Anyway, I basically just wanted to vent that not being able to plan our itinerary for that day very well yet is driving me crazy...not knowing when FP for MMRR will be able to be booked (assuming it will have FP right away unlike the GE rides), not knowing how that ride will affect touring in general, not knowing what in the world will be going on with Rise and Smuggler's Run by that time... One good thing is that we never ride ToT or RnRC, so that's two e-tickets we won't have to worry about fitting in. I know it's still about four months away, but I love to over-plan! 😬 I'm just doing my best based on the info that's out right now and I'll adjust as we learn more. Just wanted to share my excitement and frustration 🙃
Right there with you! We are going in July (first trip since 2015!) and I'm itching to start planning out our days, but there's too many unknowns yet.

chelsea1317

Update! Booked our FP+ this past Friday, so my planning for our HS day is starting to take more shape.

These are the FP+ I was able to nab:
Toy Story Mania (9:50AM-10:50AM)
Star Tours (4:00PM-5:00PM)
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (5:25PM-6:25PM)

I hope that I made the right choice going with MMRR as our Tier 1 choice instead of Smuggler's. That being said: here is what I currently have for our touring plan, although it's still kinda vague. Like I said earlier, we don't do Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster, so that clears a lot of time for us. Advice welcome!

Friday, April 24
- Bus or Skyliner for 7:30
- Park open currently scheduled for 9AM.
- *We will try for boarding passes for Rise, but I am mentally preparing myself for the chance that it will not happen.
- Rope drop Slinky Dog Dash
- FP TSM
- Standby Alien Swirling Saucers
- QS Lunch somewhere
- Meet BB-8
- Standby Smuggler's Run
- (would be lovely if we got a boarding pass and it was called right about this time 🙃 )
- FP Star Tours
- FP MMRR

Hoping to be finished with everything by the early evening so that we can hop over to Disney Springs for dinner and shopping, but if staying until park close is what it takes to do everything we want to do, I'll gladly do it!

chelsea1317

Well...we just rescheduled to October. Hoping I can get good Fastpasses again when 60 days rolls around (again) in August! 🥴