Deluxe Resort Decision

BSS

Wilderness Lodge is the only deluxe we've ever done. We love it and are scheduled there in October. With the new room discounts, we could stay at Boardwalk for the same money or Grand Floridian for $500 more. Contemporary Garden Wing is also same price, but I think we've ruled that out.

What would you do?

nolarookie

I’d stay at the Boardwalk. Awesome location, beautiful resort, something different for your family, same price as what you’d be paying anyway. Seems like a win all around.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I’d stay at the Boardwalk. Awesome location, beautiful resort, something different for your family, same price as what you’d be paying anyway. Seems like a win all around.
Yeah, this.

What we really love about the Boardwalk in addition to location is on nights when we don't go to the parks, we can hang around the BW, watch the performers, get a drink, ice cream, whatever. Other resorts don't have much going on at night.

BSS

Wow! Thanks guys! I think I expected more divided responses. This makes the choice much more simple.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I'll dissent. I don't care for the Boardwalk, The location is nice, but it just doesn't have that "exclusive Deluxe" feeling for me, and the theming can be a bit garish. Too bustling for me. If you're going to be staying at the resort a lot and convenient transportation isn't that important (except to MK), I'd upgrade to GF.

BSS

...and as I was logging in to switch our reservation to Boardwalk, the kid who keeps saying "I don't care, mom. Anything is fine" admitted that he's really looking forward to being back at WL (we've done Values the past several years) and kinda wants to stick with that plan. So, that's that. He'll be a senior in college this year, so no guarantees of what comes after for him in the job market and what that means for our trips. What he wants is what we'll do this trip.

HeyHeather

BW does sound fun right now, mostly to try out new ways of getting around between the skyliner, monorail, boats and walking home from F&W :D

Next time!

nolarookie

...and as I was logging in to switch our reservation to Boardwalk, the kid who keeps saying "I don't care, mom. Anything is fine" admitted that he's really looking forward to being back at WL (we've done Values the past several years) and kinda wants to stick with that plan. So, that's that. He'll be a senior in college this year, so no guarantees of what comes after for him in the job market and what that means for our trips. What he wants is what we'll do this trip.
Ha! Well at least he told you before you changed it, have fun!