DHS /Jedi Training the day MMRR opens

Skootz93

We'll be at the park on March 4th - our only visit to DHS this trip and our kids' first time there (and for me first time as an adult). We have solid FPs now that the tiers have changed (ToT, SDD, MFSR, TSMM, ST - our group is splitting up for some bc our kids are 5/8 and the 5 yo can't handle intense rides). I don't care about MMRR and while I would enjoy RotR, I am not willing - if park hours change - to be there at 6:30am to try for a BG. If they keep opening at 9am, I will try, but that seems doubtful. Anyway - my question is how we'll do with Jedi Training sign ups if we do a lazy RD around 9/9:30 (or worse, if the park opens at 7am)? Will everyone be distracted enough RDing the newer rides that we should still be OK? My kids don't even know this is an option, but if we go to sign up and miss out, they'll obviously catch on. I'm assuming there isn't a way to see on the app when the times are full? Also, is the park going to be miserable all day bc of MMRR opening? You know what, you don't even need to answer that. It's not like we can change our plan anyway... in way too deep!

nolarookie

Since you have FPs for all your high priority rides, do you have a high priority destination at RD? If not, why not sign up for Jedi Training right away then go wherever you’re going first thing in the morning?

Skootz93

We can head to sign-ups first thing upon arrival but I don't want to do a proper RD - if it's 7am, we won't get up that early, and if it's 9am, I will want to be behind the masses RDing MMRR on opening day. I am just trying to gauge how popular Jedi Training is these days. Google articles outdated with all the changes at DHS. Has anyone had luck recently signing up a couple of hours after opening? I get the sense it's no longer necessary to do the whole H&V PPO breakfast routine, but I don't want to push it too late either - really only a concern if the opening does change to 7am. I imagine with the new ride opening it will.

hizouse

Josh has been saying for a while that Jedi Training is much less popular than it used to be. His current DHS touring guide (updated 1/13/20) says you'll be fine if you're there by 10:30 am, earlier if it really is a must-do or you want a specific time. One of his recent posts indicated there several spaces available even into early afternoon.

Skootz93

Thanks! I’ll poke around the site to find that guide but it sounds like we should be ok. Maybe if they open at 7 we will come around 8:30.