Dining plan drink question

memphismom

So, if we get DDP can I drink my minor child's "drink" entitlement?

We have a throw-away night and I am thinking of getting DDP/DDDP for one night so we can go ahead and prepay for Tusker House and Princess dinner.

We are a party of 6 (3 can drink).

I am working with the numbers and would like to know if I can have 2 drinks with my meal?!! :RpS_smile:

The kids will probably want water at meals....I hate to "waste" that drink!!!

Any thoughts on DDDP for 2 days/one night? We would have a total of 18 TS/CS credits. TS includes appetizer, entree and dessert. Plus a "speciality" drink.

Here is what I am thinking...

Day one
lunch-Tusker House (6 TS credits)
dinner-Skipper Canteen (we share 3 TS credits)

lunch-Sci-Fi (we share 3 TS credits)
dinner-Norway Princess (never can remember what it is called) (6 TS credits)

Thanks...trying to see if the math works out for us!

AngiTN

The reviews are mixed. More often for QS since they won't always ask to see an ID for each meal ordered. At TS, they are mixed on if they'll serve more drinks than adults at the table.

deedee73

If it is a speciality non alcoholic drink then I believe you will be fine...if it is an "adult" beverage then I say I highly doubt that you will be given the option. I can tell you that my husband was not always in the mood for an adult beverage but he ordered one and I had 2 and he drank our sons speciality drink and our toddler had water which is his go to choice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AngiTN

If it is a specialitynon alcoholic drink then I believe you will be fine...if it is an "adult" beverage then I say I highly doubt that you will be given the option. I can tell you that my husband was not always in the mood for an adult beverage but he ordered one and I had 2 and he drank our sons speciality drink and our toddler had water which is his go to choice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Good distinction. I was speaking only about alcohol-based beverages. Non-alcohol, yes. They will serve one per meal ordered and it doesn't matter who drinks it.

memphismom

Good distinction. I was speaking only about alcohol-based beverages. Non-alcohol, yes. They will serve one per meal ordered and it doesn't matter who drinks it.
I mean alcohol!! I will assume no then be happy if the server says yes!!

Anne

That is a lot of time spent on dining in 2 days. I know I would feel like we were going from meal to meal and not much time for anything else on those days. But for just 2 days maybe that fits your plans ok.

It seems reasonable for kids under 10 to be limited to the specialty drink and not an alcoholic drink because you pay less per credit for those meals. But it is kind of a bummer to pay adult prices for those ages 10-20 and not be able to order an alcoholic drink for someone older at the table.

bnoble

he's right
It's a bummer for folks who don't drink, too. But that is just another reason someone might not buy the dining plan.

memphismom

Thanks, husband said no way to 2 sit down meals a day!!!

But planning and figuring things out is part of the process.

I get caught up in the "Disney says I should" mode!!