Dining Plan Questions? Stop here first!!!

yedliw

I read on another site that they are taking the desert away from QS meals, and replacing it with an additional snack credit for next year.. for me, that makes an already poor value (QDP) even worse, because you are loosing a desert/snack (2 QS desert-less meals, 2 snacks per day) but is a wash, and may be a positive change for the regular DDP.. In my experience, the desert offerings with many QS meals are limited and often not my first choice.. It would be nice to get an extra snack.. although, often, we spend the morning we fly home in the hotel gift shop spending the unused snack credits on things we can take on the plane..

GDGL

A few questions, 1 of which looks like it was answered but do not know if things have changed:

1) We have a trip planned for end of Sept. There are 8 of us going in 2 rooms and both have free dinning. At each meal, can 1 room take turns "paying" for the meal with credits or would it have to be broken up to 2 checks each time.
2) The way I figured, we will have some extra meal credits by the end of the trip. There is another group of 4 going down that did not get free dinning. If we all ate together, could we get the meals for them under our plan?

ptlohmysoul

1) Yes you can. Only concern is it even? Such as 2 adults, 2 children ages 3-9 in both rooms?
2) This is new, but yes, now you can.

GDGL

Good point with #1. I didn't even think about that. We are not even. Is there anyway all meals for both rooms could be linked? All reservations are under 1 MDE as I am in charge of the whole trip.

D

dawn

I read on another site that they are taking the desert away from QS meals, and replacing it with an additional snack credit for next year.. for me, that makes an already poor value (QDP) even worse, because you are loosing a desert/snack (2 QS desert-less meals, 2 snacks per day) but is a wash, and may be a positive change for the regular DDP.. In my experience, the desert offerings with many QS meals are limited and often not my first choice.. It would be nice to get an extra snack.. although, often, we spend the morning we fly home in the hotel gift shop spending the unused snack credits on things we can take on the plane..
Hey there, I was just looking up an answer I need and saw your comment, I just wanted to interject that on the regular dining plan you really aren't losing anything but rather gaining the option to use your 'free dessert' at anytime. My kids use the snack credits for a muffin or other quick breakfast option like those expensive 'yogurty' breakfast drinks...Ü You can also buy candy and such in Disney Springs.

D

dawn

Just to let you know that today I was able to get a ticketless package. I booked a room-only discount for CSR (July 2015) and asked to add the regular dining plan without purchasing any ticket since I already had them from airmiles (point program in Canada and from UT). That means that if you find cheap tickets elsewhere than WDW you can still have the dining plan. The only thing is that you need to call to get a ticketless package (it's not available online).
This is what I was being told in on line chat sessions, that you no longer need to have tickets to add the dining, you can just call and add the dining plan to a room only reservation...my dates are for 2017.