Discounted Gift Cards at Sams Club

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
son of a...
I know for sure Disney cards are eligible for the Red Card and Pharmacy Rewards discounts. So the woman at Target it would almost certainly work. She couldn't try it because it's not 12/1 yet.

Momof8

I tried to ask at Target today and the woman wasn't exactly sure, so she gave me a 20% coupon "for my troubles," without my having to spend the $75.

SCORE!!!
aargh!! You lucky dog! We went to target at about 9pm last night and found out that I hadn't read the fine print so waited in line for an hour+ and it wasn't even applicable for the 20% coupon. So I have spent time and $ to now place two separate online orders, one in my name and one in dh so that I can have TWO coupons and be able to go to 2 stores to get all the cards I can!!

jandeeah

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla!
I tried to get one from Target.com but my order would never go through. I finally gave up. I hope the coupons work for the gift cards for everyone. I think it will as it has always worked to get 10% off (red and pharmacy together)

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I tried to get one from Target.com but my order would never go through. I finally gave up. I hope the coupons work for the gift cards for everyone. I think it will as it has always worked to get 10% off (red and pharmacy together)
Try going to the store?

jandeeah

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla!
I would have but did not go out yesterday. it did not seem to be worth going out for just that. Although now that I think about it it probably was....oh well.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I went right when they opened at 8am. The cashier didn't think they would work but tried anyway. After ringing up all of the gift cards she tried the coupon and got a message "no items available for this offer" which means it doesn't apply to the Disney gift cards.

I'm hoping someone else has some luck in which case I'll try at a different Target. I was looking forward to paying off my DVC dues at 20% off...

DopeyRunr

Just checked in with the legal team over at disboards.com who all verify the same experience (20% off coupon will not apply to Disney gift cards of any denomination). They are discussing legal action against Target and also chastising customers for using coupons on gift cards since Target literally loses money on every one they sell at a discount and how dare we.

Mrs. Potts

I'm disappointed to hear the coupon isn't working. I was looking forward to daving some extra $$ on the rest of my balance.

I don't think it's right for someone to sue Target over it though. It states on the coupon is not valid on gift cards, and the Disney cards say gift cards on them.

Micah008

Even though I couldn't use the 20% I still used my Pharmacy Rewards and RedCard and saved about 10% on a nice stack of Disney Gift Cards (and a few for Subway/Applebees/etc just for good measure)

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
I can always count on this board for great info! Thank you everyone for posting. We are headed out now and I was in a big hurry to get there but now we wont rush :RpS_tongue: I will still try but will assume it wont work. Thanks all for the heads up!!! I, too, have my pharmacy card I was saving so will use that.

paxsarah

Thanks for the updates! I did hit Target this morning with my coupon, but already having gotten the scoop here, my main purchase was the WiiU my 8yo suddenly needs more than life itself. And I wouldn't have known about the coupon if it weren't for the info here, so it's a win in my book.

Kate's Mama

Didn't work for me either, and hubby didnt have a heart attack at my $350 bill after discounts on everything else even cause we are DONE with xmas shopping! Score!

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
I bought $1000 in GC, plus a few things for DD (slippers, wallet, lunch bag, disney infinity power tube thingy, backpack) and with my 20% off merchandise plus 5% in pharm rewards on everything and 5% red card, was just under $1000~not bad!

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Rhonda, glad the 20% off worked for you. Looks like it didn't work for most people who tried.

DopeyRunr

Sounds like it was just the 5% + 5% discount on the gift cards.

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying, Doc.

10% off is still a great deal on gift cards!