Discover card 5% cash back

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
The current 5% cash back bonus is restaurants and Paypal. I'm wondering if the popcorn/ice cream/drink stands in the parks are classified as restaurants for charging purposes.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
The current 5% cash back bonus is restaurants and Paypal. I'm wondering if the popcorn/ice cream/drink stands in the parks are classified as restaurants for charging purposes.
I’m pretty sure all Disney charges, at least with Chase Visa, are classified as “resort/travel,” because we always get the bonus on our Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Ticket sales are “entertainment.”

Not sure if it’s the same with Discover.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I’m pretty sure all Disney charges, at least with Chase Visa, are classified as “resort/travel,” because we always get the bonus on our Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Ticket sales are “entertainment.”

Not sure if it’s the same with Discover.
If you charge at a WDW restaurant it's categorized resort/travel?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Casey’s through the mobile order came through as dining on my Capital One VISA.

7EBDEE67-698C-42BA-A9CF-F8EACAF5DFD7.jpg

kmc8826

With 5% back on PayPal another option is to get Disney gift cards at BJ’s with the Discover. Adding another 5% to the already discounted gift cards helps.

geek1997

I checked my Discover card statements from our trip last year and the few places I charged to my Discover (thought there were more!) coded as Restaurants. Specifically, Aloha Isle, Harambe Marketplace, and D-Luxe Burger (Springs). The first two are in parks and run by Disney. Saw similar coding with Tutto Italia in 2016 - which I don't think is run by Disney. So it would seem you have the advantage. If you are still unsure, check after the first day or so as I think even pending charges show the category.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I checked my Discover card statements from our trip last year and the few places I charged to my Discover (thought there were more!) coded as Restaurants. Specifically, Aloha Isle, Harambe Marketplace, and D-Luxe Burger (Springs). The first two are in parks and run by Disney. Saw similar coding with Tutto Italia in 2016 - which I don't think is run by Disney. So it would seem you have the advantage. If you are still unsure, check after the first day or so as I think even pending charges show the category.
We used it at all WDW quick service and table service restaurants, and thy're all coded as restaurants. Lots of cash back. :RpS_biggrin: