Disney College Program is back!

RetroCOTfan

In the surest sign that Disney needs more people in its labor force right now, today they announced the DCP is back, and CPs can start as early as June. For right now, only the 2020 CPs whose programs were cut short or cancelled will be eligible. And while they'll be able to skip the interview portion of the application process, they also won't be able to have any choice of roles. All eligible participants should have received an e-mail today.

Here's more info, with the main announcement DCP is back and an FAQ DCP 2021 FAQ

My daughter was a Fall 2020 DCP participant, so she is thrilled--to an extent. Not sure how she feels about not having a choice of role, and not sure about dealing with whatever restrictions/limitations may be in place. But there also is no mention of whether they might receive preferential treatment in the application process after this, so that's a factor, too. So much to consider, and not much time to do it. They only have until 5/17 to apply.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I know things are changing fast, but it's kind of rude/insensitive in my opinion to give spring and summer 2020 DCPs two weeks to apply and about four weeks to completely change all of their summer internship/co-op/employment plans. And without any choice of roles!

RetroCOTfan

Yeah, there's a really wide range of emotions from what I've seen online, from people ecstatic that it's open again to people freaked out about the timeline to people sorely disappointed because they already have other internships/jobs/etc.

I get that there was no perfect way to handle this, but I think--like a lot of the DCP--Disney is simply worried about getting cheap, live bodies into jobs. Of course, right now it's even more critical than normal because they need to get back to full capacity across the board.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Yeah my feeling is that it’s driven 99.9% by “we need cheap labor fast and we need to generate revenue from flamingo crossing fast” and 0.1% by “how can we help the people who got screwed have the best possible experience.”

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah...if you want to learn how to cook french fries or clean bathrooms and then spend more money than you have on Disney stuff...during July in Florida...it's a great opportunity.