Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
WDW Theme Park Perks for Disney Visa cardmembers:

Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at our Private Cardmember Location
Meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters and get a
complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too!
Offered daily between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM
at Innoventions West at Epcot®.

Receive 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort.

20% Off the following Guided Tours:
Magic Kingdom® Park
Disney’s Family Magic Tour
Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam
Trains Tour
Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour
Epcot®
Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
Simply Segway Experience
The UnDISCOVERed Future World
Disney’s Dolphins in Depth
Epcot® DiveQuest
Epcot® Seas Aqua Tours
Around the World at Epcot®
Nature-Inspired Design
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Wild by Design
Backstage Safari
Multiple Theme Park and Backstage Areas
Backstage Magic
Inspiration: Through Walt’s Eyes
Holiday D-Lights (offered seasonally)
Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)

A 15% discount off the non-discounted price is offered on Behind the Seeds – Epcot® tour.

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/pdf/WDW_Credit_Park_Perks.pdf

Amadan

A Visit Every Sunday
The CM at the Photo Shop where you pick up your photo from the Chase Visa meet and greet very carefully led us into the conclusion that if you are unhappy with the photo that is taken in the meet and greet, they will print you any photo from a photopass, since all that they get from you is a voucher and all they give Chase is a bill for one photo print. Haven't tried it yet, but will on our next Epcot day.

-edit- Also you need to use your Visa for the purchase to get the merchandise discount. I had thought it might work like the AP discount, but no.

Brandie

The CM at the Photo Shop where you pick up your photo from the Chase Visa meet and greet very carefully led us into the conclusion that if you are unhappy with the photo that is taken in the meet and greet, they will print you any photo from a photopass.

-edit- Also you need to use your Visa for the purchase to get the merchandise discount. I had thought it might work like the AP discount, but no.

I've been led to that conclusion, as well. I'm sure that's something that one shouldn't count on, though.

Thanks for the clarifications!

Amadan

A Visit Every Sunday
Probably not, but I look forward to trying. Just need to catch a CM with that good ol' Disney spirit!

MichaelColey

Considering there's no annual fee on this card, it's a great deal. When we signed up, we found a link that gave $100 with your first purchase.

My wife and I each applied for separate accounts (not just two cards on the same account), and we're able to get two 5x7 vouchers (if we're both there with both of our cards). They always check to make sure they're different account numbers, but once they see that they are they always give us two.

They used to let us get any photo, but the last several times we've only been able to get 5x7s from the Meet & Greet sesson. I'll have to try mentioning that I don't care for any of those photos.

One of the best perks was taken away a year or so ago. You used to be able to get free strollers at Disneyland. (Now they're half price.) That was great, not having to bring a stroller when we went there. (We had annual passes for a year.)

One tip: Go towards the end of the 1:30pm - 4:30pm window. I've seen people lined up and waiting half an hour before 1:30pm. There's no need. When I've been later (3pm, 4pm, whatever), I've NEVER had a wait. I went today at about 3:55pm and there was nobody in line. We were able to walk right in.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I agree - we went once earlier - maybe 2 PM or so - and hate to wait in a long line and I found the whole thing to be a waste of time. We never went back again. Had we been there with no line, I probably would have felt differently.

USAgooner

Would Get Along Well With Matt Hochberg
Don't know if you have seen this but....
Congress recently enacted a new law known as the Durbin Amendment that significantly impacts debit cards,” reads the sample letter, with the underlining in the original. “As a result of this law, we will be changing our debit rewards program. After July 12, 2011 you will no longer earn Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM when you use your Disney Rewards Debit Card.”
Consumers will also miss out on a ten percent discount, the letter warns. “After October 31, 2011, your Disney debit card will no longer be eligible for the Cardmember Perks of the Disney Rewards Program, such as the Disney Theme Park Perks and 10% off select Disney merchandise purchases of $50 or more,” reads the missive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/chase-disney-dollars-were_n_843383.html

Hopefully this will not happen and is just a scare tactic but it is out there.

USAgooner

Would Get Along Well With Matt Hochberg
You are correct (from the same article) "The letter also informs customers that they can still earn Disney dollars by using their credit card." They can still charge the retailer 3% per transaction on the credit card but the debit is maxed out I think if I remember 12 cents?

guff

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd
We use our rewards card to pay most of our household bills (electric, groceries, gas, cable/internet etc.) and then pay off the balance immediately. We racked up some serious rewards points. We had about 400 points that we put toward our trip and we'll probably earn few hundred more before we go.

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Don't know if you have seen this but....
Congress recently enacted a new law known as the Durbin Amendment that significantly impacts debit cards,” reads the sample letter, with the underlining in the original. “As a result of this law, we will be changing our debit rewards program. After July 12, 2011 you will no longer earn Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM when you use your Disney Rewards Debit Card.”
Consumers will also miss out on a ten percent discount, the letter warns. “After October 31, 2011, your Disney debit card will no longer be eligible for the Cardmember Perks of the Disney Rewards Program, such as the Disney Theme Park Perks and 10% off select Disney merchandise purchases of $50 or more,” reads the missive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/31/chase-disney-dollars-were_n_843383.html

Hopefully this will not happen and is just a scare tactic but it is out there.

The ending of the Disney debit card is not a scare tactic - it has been announced by Chase. But the credit card (we only have the credit card) isn't changing, from anything that has been announced to date.

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
Does anyone know if one can receive a discount to Cirque (La Nouba) with the Disney Visa ?

Thanks!

3Caballeros

living life to its fullest
One tip: Go towards the end of the 1:30pm - 4:30pm window. I've seen people lined up and waiting half an hour before 1:30pm. There's no need. When I've been later (3pm, 4pm, whatever), I've NEVER had a wait. I went today at about 3:55pm and there was nobody in line. We were able to walk right in.

Thanks for that information! We've been countless times in the last several years and just forfeited our free photo due to the enormous line. We're not usually at the parks around the time you suggest but will make an effort this next trip.:RpS_cool:

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
I figured it was a nice quiet way to see the characters, that we could do anytime. Thanks for the heads up about the lines. We'll definitely go towards the end as well - although we were planning to leave at 3:00. Maybe we'll have to skip it...

Brandie

Thanks for this bit of advice. We RDed WS yesterday and decided to hit Innoventions on our way out. Line was pretty long around 3:30, so the kids and I just explored the different activities until 4:20 and then hopped in line. We were the last family through the line . . . done by 4:30. We're going back tomorrow and I'll get our free photo then.

MichaelColey

We were probably there at the same time. We hit the line around 4:15pm and had about a 5-10 minute wait. (Longest wait so far.) I glanced at their log sheet when we were at the front of the line, and it looked like the last half of the Meet & Greet was the slowest. :)

Brandie

Dang! I should have been wearing my easyWDW.com shirt! Josh, have you got those in your ebay store, yet? :RpS_laugh:

guff

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd
The Disney Rewards Visa is currently offering triple points for total monthly purchases above $3000. If you use the card to pay routine bills breaking the $3000 barrier in a month is possible. You have to sign up to be part of the triple points offer. The program is valid for April, May and June.

Brandie

I haven't got that offer, yet. I think that Chase sends different offers to different people.

I just opened my confirmation from the IRS that my electronic filing was accepted. Did you know you could pay your taxes with a credit card? I had no idea. Dang! I could have earned Disney dollars for paying my taxes.

Brandie

Got my offer in the mail today!

Mine states: Earn 3X the regular rate on all eligible gas, grocery, and dining purchases above $700 each month from April 15 - July 15, 2011.

DWCricket

anything that isnt princesses
I got my offer Weds and it was great- 3X over $250- but now I can't find it :RpS_angry: and can't figure out how to get the offer on line. Grrr.....