DIsney the first full week in Dec 2015

Goofy#1

Hi
I was wondering if anyone here has gone the 1st full week in Dec?

What are my chances of getting a 2 bedroom in my home resort?

What is the weather like then?

Are we crazy to think of going then with a 3 year old and a 7 year old? We wanted to see it decked out for Christmas. I looked this year and could not get a room for more then 1 day at any DVC resort. We have only gone in Sept, Oct. (with the grandkids) and March (just us).

Any help would be wonderful.

Strangeite

What's your home resort? Regardless, I would be shocked if you had any problems getting a reservation at the 11 month mark.

Micah008

The only thing I have heard can be tough to get right at 11 months is Club Level at Animal Kingdom Villas. Otherwise, there should normally be availability at most places. But, keep in mind that early December is a popular time for DVC, so I would book right at 11 months just to make sure.

Goofy#1

Thanks We do a 2 bedroom so I will make sure I do it at the 11 month window. Thanks I did not think it was that popular

Micah008

Animal Kingdom is our home resort.

Thanks We do a 2 bedroom so I will make sure I do it at the 11 month window. Thanks I did not think it was that popular
Are you doing a Club Level room? They are the only ones that are that popular, the Value rooms are a close second ...

but all other views at Animal Kingdom Villas (Savanna, Standard) have much more availability, usually well past the 7 month mark. So, it really depends on what view you are looking for. Either way I would book as soon as you can after the 11 month mark, once you know what you want to do.

wongck

No it is perfectly fine to go with a 3yr & 7yr old.
My DS were 2.5yr and 6.5 yr old when we first went as a family.
Only thing is that several attractions and dinner time (due to ADR) will be pass their bed time, so be prepared to carry them through out.
( we did not have a stroller ).
LOL... I remembered I had to carry a sleeping child while I tried to enjoy All-you-can-eat Skillet.

Ellester

That is a great week to go! The parks are not super crowded, but it is a very popular DVC time due to the low points. You should be more than fine getting a 2br at 11 months. The weather is usually very nice, maybe a little on the cool side but since I see you are in Maine you can be resonably sure it will be much warmer in Orlando in December than at home! The parks will close earlier than in the summer or closer to the holidays, but it will be easy to see everything since the crowds won't be there. Your kids will be at great ages! (We've been to the parks with newborns on up to teens.) Have fun planning!