Disney+

Kevin_W

My LG smart tv is too old and doesn't have the app. I am trying to use internet feature on the TV and disneyplus won't load. We have Nintendo switch...but app isn't on there yet. We can only watch on computers and iPads. very disappointed. no one wants to watch on a smaller screen instead of the large tv. will probably cancel subscription after trial bc I can't watch on my tv without getting more equipment.
You can get a Chromecast for $35 (liekly $25 on Black Friday). I consider that a pretty trivial investment for such a versatile device.

bnoble

he's right
I must have missed whatever outage there was; it was fine before I shoveled, and fine again when I peaked at it over lunch. We'll see what tonight brings.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
It seems to be working ok so far.

Watched:

Bao
Pixar in Real Life
Steamboat Willie

The DD (17) got home from school, we looked at the available shows, she saw Hannah Montana and has taken over my TV. :RpS_scared::RpS_biggrin: She's looking forward to reliving her Disney Channel years.

nolarookie

I have the app on my tv, but nothing’s happening—just blue. I feel like an idiot, but I can’t find anything online to help. I have a Samsung that I’m pretty sure I got in 2016...

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I have the app on my tv, but nothing’s happening—just blue. I feel like an idiot, but I can’t find anything online to help. I have a Samsung that I’m pretty sure I got in 2016...
It seems like it takes a LONG time to load. I kept clicking it and nothing happened and then I gave up to watch something else and every couple of minutes it would launch and kick me out of what I was in. I rebooted my TV but I'm not sure that made a difference.

DopeyRunr

Bummer. I haven’t had any troubles on either an Apple TV or an iPad.
If the performance through the Samsung Smart TV app doesn't improve, I'll probably try out the app through my XBox next.

By the way, any user interface designer who requires users to enter data (email and password) through an on-screen keyboard that is not QWERTY should be launched into the sun.

hizouse

By the way, any user interface designer who requires users to enter data (email and password) through an on-screen keyboard that is not QWERTY should be launched into the sun.
Amen to that, along with not having "@gmail.com" or "@yahoo.com" or even just ".com" as options to click.

I have a 2018 Samsung Smart Tv. The app was never available for me to download, but it got pushed to the TV around 6am on the 12th. Hubby tested all devices using Chromecast before 5am. They all worked fine. Samsung app worked fine when we found it. We watched Mandalorian that night around 7pm using the Samsung app, no hiccups. So far, other than a slight delay on loading ( less than 30 seconds) it seems to work fine.

I'm glad they did not remaster the movies and cartoons that have outdated cultural issues. They just give you the warning of what you may see. Whoopie Goldberg would be proud.

beachta1

We have a Vizio TV in our living room so we weren't able to get the Disney+ app. We have a google chromecast stick we never set up (it was just collecting dust) so hubs set that up today so we can connect our phone.

Bring on the binge watching!!!!

Anne

I'm glad they did not remaster the movies and cartoons that have outdated cultural issues. They just give you the warning of what you may see. Whoopie Goldberg would be proud.
Agreed, glad they left everything in original form. My husband guffawed out loud when he read that phrase. It really is the perfect Disney euphemism.

Has anyone been able to find Charlie the Lonesome Cougar (1967) or Yellowstone Bears (I know it's probably tops on everyone's list, right)? We love all those nostalgic Disney "nature" films or anything from Sunday nights on the Wonderful World of Disney. I wish there was a way to have all those grouped together in a search to see what is available.

DopeyRunr

I have a 2018 Samsung Smart Tv. The app was never available for me to download, but it got pushed to the TV around 6am on the 12th.
OH -- that was the other thing that annoyed me. It auto-downloaded and when it was unresponsive (and then kept launching and kicking me out of Netflix) I wanted to delete it and reinstall it, and the option to delete it is greyed out. So I guess it's doubly pushy.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
The Mandalorian. It feels like a spaghetti western set in an alien universe, with a dash of Indiana Jones adventure. It's really enjoyable.

DopeyRunr

The Mandalorian. It feels like a spaghetti western set in an alien universe, with a dash of Indiana Jones adventure. It's really enjoyable.
It's fantastic, and my only complaint is the theme sounds like it came from the Rocky soundtrack. We haven't even seen Ming-Na or Gus Fring's characters yet!!!

BSS

Agreed, glad they left everything in original form. My husband guffawed out loud when he read that phrase. It really is the perfect Disney euphemism.

Has anyone been able to find Charlie the Lonesome Cougar (1967) or Yellowstone Bears (I know it's probably tops on everyone's list, right)? We love all those nostalgic Disney "nature" films or anything from Sunday nights on the Wonderful World of Disney. I wish there was a way to have all those grouped together in a search to see what is available.
Anne, Yellowstone Bears is in the documentary section and I am watching Perri right now. As for grouping, choose one and then look at what is suggested below it. I'm finding that works fairly well for finding similar titles.

nolarookie

Yes, i think it’s a lot of fun and really well done. My kids then commandeered and we watched some high school musical nonsense that they enjoyed. Then my little guy, we’ll not so little anymore, watched the Three Cabelleros. There’s a nice mix of programs.