Disneyland August 2020

pha1226

I'm just starting to think about planning a trip to Disneyland next summer. We are WDW veterans but have never ventured west. Does anyone have any recommendations for planning sites so I can start my research? TIA

awaggett

Disneyland Daily is a great site--Casey is the "Josh" of the west. She's also active on FB and Instagram. I also read through a lot of Tom Bricker's stuff--Disney Tourist Blog. Have fun!

puffyjj

Agree with the recommendation to use Disneyland Daily! Just returned home from a quick trip to DL today. Look at the dates the pass holders are blocked out. It makes a big difference in crowd levels.

Reveley

Agree with the recommendation to use Disneyland Daily! Just returned home from a quick trip to DL today. Look at the dates the pass holders are blocked out. It makes a big difference in crowd levels.
Can you explain? It’s less crowded in the summer when some pass holders are blocked out?

tylerandalexsmom

We are also WDW veterans that ventured to DLR a few years ago, and the big thing I learned was that they don't do the super early advanced planning - it drove me crazy that I couldn't make plans as far in advance as I'm used to for WDW - it felt so up in the air/last minute to me, but it is more relaxed there.

puffyjj

Can you explain? It’s less crowded in the summer when some pass holders are blocked out?
So sorry for the delay in my response! Yes, Disneyland is driven by local guests who have annual passes to a much higher degree than Disneyworld. Go to the Disneyland website and look under annual pass. There will be a calendar for block out dates for them.