Do I need to link reservations?

Strangeite

I am assuming that I don't but felt I should ask.

Next month we are staying at OKW for a brief non-park stay. Was able to secure the first three days fine, but the fourth day had to be waitlisted. It has come through but it is showing as two separate reservations. I assume it is fine, but it would really suck to have to switch villas for one night.

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
I am assuming that I don't but felt I should ask.

Next month we are staying at OKW for a brief non-park stay. Was able to secure the first three days fine, but the fourth day had to be waitlisted. It has come through but it is showing as two separate reservations. I assume it is fine, but it would really suck to have to switch villas for one night.
Call MS and they’ll merge the two bookings into one. It may take a few days to show up in the system, it may not.

George

So it sounds like it was good that I asked.
It helps with not having to potentially change rooms, and for ADR date for the second reservation, though that’s moot in this case since your trip is next month.

Micah008

Staff member
Yes, George is right. For sure merge them together into a single reservation (not link them). With waitlisting and booking individual nights I have had to merge 3 or 4 different reservations into a single one, and after they do it things look like you booked it all at the same time in the first place.

Strangeite

Thanks. I called and Member Services stated that it looks like they "should" have been merged but the team that does it didn't for some reason. They resubmitted the request and said to call back if it is not reflected on the dashboard by next Friday.

George

Thanks. I called and Member Services stated that it looks like they "should" have been merged but the team that does it didn't for some reason. They resubmitted the request and said to call back if it is not reflected on the dashboard by next Friday.
Once it posted immediately, another time it took four or five days. I’d call back before next Friday.

Micah008

Staff member
Mine have always been immediate, and they took care of it while I was still on the phone, or on hold. Weird they couldn't just do it.

George

Mine have always been immediate, and they took care of it while I was still on the phone, or on hold. Weird they couldn't just do it.
I thought so too when I got the "It'll take four or five days to show up linked in your account" line. The agent did tell me they were short-staffed, and these had to be done manually by a "different department," so maybe she just didn't want to take the time to do it while I waited so she could take more waiting calls. Who knows?

Strangeite

The agent I talked to implied that he couldn't do it and that there is a dedicated team that combines the reservations. He did mention that the only option he had would be to cancel both reservations and then rebook immediately, but that would risk losing the room therefore safer to just let the other team do it.

Micah008

Staff member
The agent I talked to implied that he couldn't do it and that there is a dedicated team that combines the reservations. He did mention that the only option he had would be to cancel both reservations and then rebook immediately, but that would risk losing the room therefore safer to just let the other team do it.
Sometimes I was put on hold while they took care of it, I am guessing to talk to this other team. It must be they are just swamped and can't do it right away, so they must just put them on a list now to get to later.

No matter what, the option of cancelling both a rebooking would not be worth the risk, especially if one of the nights is something you had to waitlist to get in the first place.

bnoble

he's right
If worse comes to worst and they don't manage to link them, you can also have MS note that they are continuing reservations. That lets the room assigner know to put you in the same place for your second "stay". It doesn't hurt to check up on that at the front desk when you have a moment. We've done this before with back-to-back RCI exchanges, which cannot be merged.

George

A follow-up:

A waitlist for one day in the middle of an upcoming stay cleared, and it was automatically booked AND I got a "Can't Wait to Welcome You Home" e-mail confirmation.

Then I called to link the three bookings, and got the "it'll take four or five days" line. Five days later, it was done AND I got a "Can't Wait to Welcome You Home" e-mail confirmation.

So it seems like, based on these two transactions, they're getting their act together, though YMMV.

Strangeite

My follow-up as well. After the deadline passed I called back. The nice rep assured me that it "should" have been done and could see the multiple requests.

So, she put me on hold for about 20 minutes (periodically jumping on to say she was still there) and at the end said it was done. Sure enough, before we got off the phone I received the confirmation email.

Micah008

Staff member
So, she put me on hold for about 20 minutes (periodically jumping on to say she was still there) and at the end said it was done. Sure enough, before we got off the phone I received the confirmation email.
This is more how it used to work, before it changed to being 4-5 days. Glad it is taken care of for you.

Strangeite

This is more how it used to work, before it changed to being 4-5 days. Glad it is taken care of for you.
I got the impression it was only handled that way because it was the second time I had to call but she did not explicitly state that.

Strangeite

On the road yesterday, my wife called (less than a minute hold!) to have a building request note added to our reservation. We check in on Friday, so we shall see.
Calling and having a note placed on the reservation worked like a charm. Good 'ol top floor of Bldg 27.

3dadknight

Nice location. Easy stroll to Olivia’s. Hope you get it. Near hospitality house without being “Near Hospitality House.”

Strangeite

We did get it. I like Bldg 27, 28, and 29 because they are the first stop for the bus, so it is empty when going to the parks in the morning and the walk to the pool is not really any longer than some of the buildings in the NHH category.