dress code for Yachtsman Steakhouse - Shoe type?

RebeccaMcK

carries her own pineapple juice
To anyone who may know the correct answer.....(I've tried phoning the restaurant directly and the phone just rings and rings until they disconnect me): I know there is a dress code at the Yachtsman Steakhouse so I won't go over it all again here EXCEPT to ask, do men have to wear dress shoes? For example, shoes they would wear to a wedding or church (what they'd wear with a suit)? The only thing they said about shoes in their dress code statement(s) are that no flip flops are allowed. What about actual sandals that are nice and are not flip flops, if they look alright with the slacks the man is wearing? Or clean running shoes (stuff my husband wears all the time if he's not wearing his mountain biking clip shoes or the clean sandals)? He REALLY doesn't want to have to pack his nice dress shoes if the restaurant doesn't require them, because he would only be bringing them to wear for one night out of our stay. And I guess it's a big issue with packing for him. The restaurant won't answer the phone, and the hold time on the Disney Dining line is way too long. So, if one of YOU knows the answer (has been there and has seen what people had on their FEET) please respond. We have not been to the Yachtsman before. We leave for Orlando on Sept 25th, so I have to know by the 24th. And I'll keep trying to get someone to answer at the restaurant, etc. Might even ask the DVC people since they know a lot, too.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Dress casual. If the sandals are dressy, they’re OK. They’re referring to dollar store-type pool flip flops.

Anne

My husband has worn tan/brown Merrills with khakis and no one said anything. He's a carryon only kind of traveler/packer so not up for anything that requires dress shoes.

cboyer

We’ve eaten here several times. Basically step above park wear. I usually wear a sundress with sandals. DH wear some dressier shorts and a polo and his black gym shoes. But I’ve seen people in there with park wear as well. As long as nothing offensive on the tee shirt and no ripped clothes they will seat you.

pixarprincess

My husband regularly wears jeans, clean tennis shoes and a polo here (its his favorite restaurant). No way hes packing extra shoes :ROFLMAO: Not a single issue. I agree it's pretty much just a step up (ideally) from park attire, and sometimes its not even that.

RebeccaMcK

Thank you, all. I just checked here because I never got any email alerts saying someone had posted on my thread (which is odd because I'm sure I subscribed to my own thread) - so I'm happy to see all the answers when I finally came back to check here. Also, I got an answer from PlanDisney (the moms panel or whatever it is), so I figured I'd post part of her reply here just in case anyone else is wondering in the future: "My husband is the king of wearing nice jeans with clean, nice sneakers to Signature Dining spots. I'm happy to tell you that he has always met the dress code for spots like Yachtsman Steakhouse with no issues. He usually wears a dressy collared shirt with his nice jeans and sneakers. As far as sandals, the dress code only states that flip-flops aren't allowed. Steer clear of those and he should be fine!" - so that's official. And my hubby will be happy in that "2 hours before the ride to the airport" time where he starts packing his own suitcase, lol. As for me, I started packing yesterday and we leave in a week. All I've got left to do now is TRY and get an ADR for Space 220 (hubby is an aeronautical engineer and is very into outer space, so he's excited to see the pictures we've seen recently of the inside) so I'll wake up early one more time next week to try and book it. And then up early again for the day we fly from Colorado to get there. Cheers!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
If they seat the bloggers, they'll seat you. Trust me. The only time I've seen someone "turned in" for a dress code code issue was Monsieur Paul when they provided the kid with a tank top a dinner jacket, rather discreetly.

RebeccaMcK

Thanks, Josh. Hubby went ahead and bought new sneakers yesterday (his previous ones were a bit raggedy), so between those and his sandals that resemble the Merrills that Anne mentioned (thanks, Anne - I didn't know what those were so I looked them up) and the fact that we're staying in BCV he could always hop back next door to change shoes if pressed so we should be fine. By the way, Josh, your Mars Attacks (I see the profile pic) is on Netflix as of this month.